The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Journalist Gloats Over Jordan Peterson's Troubles

Timbermen

3 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Here's another one of them at work.

so you're mad about a personal attack video about a person doing a personal attack on Rogans show? 

you can't be annoyed when someone on the right is doing the exact same thing as someone on the left, both are using personal attacks in this video.

If you're upset that Jordan Peterson is being dragged over their issues but you're not upset at the content of Jordan Peterson's statements and attacks against any number of humanitarian or human rights organizations or public citizens championing racial issues

You need to rethink some things.  The guy wanted the spotlight, now he's getting burned.  Big deal

Edited by Warhippy
  • Wat 12
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If you're upset that Jordan Peterson is being dragged over their issues but you're not upset at the content of Jordan Peterson's statements and attacks against any number of humanitarian or human rights organizations or public citizens championing racial issues

You need to rethink some things.  The guy wanted the spotlight, now he's getting burned.  Big deal

WRONG

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I think Dr. Peterson is quite reasonable with his statements.  I don't agree with everything he says, and I wouldn't say that he attacks anyone.  I think a lot of people don't like him because he keeps reminding people that their biggest enemy is themselves.  I actually think Dr. Peterson's words have helped thousands of people.

I don't agree with alot of Peterson's views but he seems to engage/debate them in a rational way.  I said this in another thread but I prefer to hear his thoughts on issues more than a guy like Ben Shapiro.

2 hours ago, Timbermen said:

WRONG

You're saying "WRONG" in no way negates how much he's done in the last 3 years to downplay the efforts of any number of humanitarian organizations, people who have championed causes that are in fact essential towards basic human equality or how he's done everything since the "incident" to simply increase his personal standing and time in the spotlight.

This is not saying I agree with how someone is speaking about him but simply stating that he literally sought this level of attention and he has it.  He did it through rightfully championing an intelligent debate and push back against far left political correctness but he also went even further and dragged any number of good people and groups who had nothing to do with his fight.

You can say "WRONG" all you want, it doesn't make you "RIGHT"

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

I think Dr. Peterson is quite reasonable with his statements.  I don't agree with everything he says, and I wouldn't say that he attacks anyone.  I think a lot of people don't like him because he keeps reminding people that their biggest enemy is themselves.  I actually think Dr. Peterson's words have helped thousands of people.

Nobody that I know is saying he's wrong with some of his statements.  He's spent a fair amount of time over the last 2 years undermining and speaking against the efforts of people who disagree with him.  he also said he wanted his 15 minutes, that he sought out a measure of fame to ensure his book got more publicity to ensure he could feed his family.

His efforts in this arena have given him the exact level of attention he has asked for.  It's disgusting, but it's what he wanted.

• Wat 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

How so?

he's gone after people and groups he doesn't agree with in personal ways, now someone's doing it to him. Both are wrong but he's no saint when it comes to this stuff. 

• Like 1

I have never agreed with everything that he has said but some things aren't bad he talks about.  I got a few friends (mainly women) who loved his 12 rules of life, I haven't personally read it myself, would like to one day if I get time, but I would never wish ill on anyone.  How people can come out and say "karma" or "you deserve this" or some of the other crap they say, why do people want to see others suffer because you have different opinions?  I don't understand it, he stands to say controversial stuff, yes thats how you get known, but when times are bad and his health deteriorates, how others can wish ill on him is beyond me.  From what I have heard he sounds like he's doing better than when he did go to Russia to get treatment but I don't follow the family and his wellbeing to know how he is now.  I don't mind hearing his points of views, just like I don't mind hearing someone on the opposite side either.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Reap what you sow?

Some people are celebrating that he's battled addiction problems due to the stress of his wife's cancer.

That's a new low for you Jimmy.

what was my previous low? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

In what way? Every debate I found him in he's been very rational and level headed compared to a majority of left/right speakers.

crap like this. What message is this sending