The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I'm surprised it took that long, although that was the most focussed seeming Rampage I've seen in years.

Anyway I think Jones is better skill wise than Anderson Silva or GSP was at this early point in their careers, and is least as athletically gifted. I just wonder how long he can stay at 205 with that big frame of his?

Wanted Rampage to win simply because it'd be like Harry Howell winning the Norris in '67...as he said, he was glad he won it because Bobby Orr would own the trophy from now on.

As it is, good for Jon Jones. I hope this fight has actually made him humble and mature a little more. Everybody knows he's going to be the future and dominate for a long time, I just hope he does so with a good attitude.

I'm surprised it took that long, although that was the most focussed seeming Rampage I've seen in years.

Anyway I think Jones is better skill wise than Anderson Silva or GSP was at this early point in their careers, and is least as athletically gifted. I just wonder how long he can stay at 205 with that big frame of his?

You've got to think he's going to fill out those stilt legs. I think having them that lean is what keeps him at LHW.

Man Jones may be the new best P4P fighter in the UFC.

Absolutely man-handled Rampage..

No. He isn't. Jones is a very sounds fighter and obviously king at 205, but p4p best in the UFC is a bold statement. He just dominated a past-his-prime Rampage and a mentally weak and injury ridden Shogun in his last two fights. If he defeats Rashad Evans who is at the top of his game right now and perhaps Lyoto Machida (stylistically Machida has the tools to beat Jones) then he can be mentioned in the same breath as AS and GSP.

Jones has age, flawless talent with plenty of room to grow and mature, reach, and a ton of confidence on his side. Yes, he has the tools to become the greatest ever at 205 and perhaps become the top fighter in the world, but until Anderson Silva slows down which isn't likely anytime soon and GSP either loses or retires(GSP's resume is one of the best in MMA right now quality wins wise) he won't be #1.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...