The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I hate to say it, and it certainly wasn't the original opinion in this thread, but do we really need him with our current team? We have good bottom 6 depth coming up for now and in future and if he can't find a way to contribute offensively (along with everyone else!) then it'd be something to consider if he'd accept being moved to a contender at the deadline.

Burr's a heat and soul guy who's done a lot for this team, and can still do a lot so I'm happy to keep him too.

Enough is enough he has been brutal along with Daniel sedin who have been two of our worst forwards for the last bit.

People who want to say he brings other intangibles... He doesn't. His defensive play has gone down the toilet, something that used to be his bread and butter

He's so concerned with diving to draw a penalty he makes ryan Kesler look like he never made a head snap.

He's shouldn't be immune to this rediculous special treatment he's been getting from the staff and fans , he doesn't even make a hit anymore! Play him a line below David booth

I can't believe some of the comments here - promoting Burrows like he's the next coming of Christ. Burrows has been ineffective for almost a year! Where have you been? Stop hanging onto old memories and get with the times. He is older, slower and constantly out of sync than ever before. It's called aging. The same thing that is affecting others on the team.

LOL. Perfect night to resurrect this thread.

I have to admit...as a Burrows fan...tonite - I can't forgive the stupidity of him watching Booth take a dumb high-sticking penalty for jostling that cost the team their momentum...& then Burr does the SAME damn thing. Dumb!! And - I totally agree the falling & flopping made my eyes roll more than once or twice. I KNOW he skates like a spaz at times ..but NOT staying upon his skates ...makes him look a lot like a non-scoring MayRay lately.

Burr & Booth need to pay a greater price.... & be more accountable. Sully didn't do enough of THAT with Burr....he put him back out there again - late. Wrong call. Maybe, Torts will make it so.

The thought of trading Burr won't break my heart anymore. Up 'n' coming young stars may be supplanting him next year anyway. Where is his value now? Who knows?! But if calls come-in from around the league for this player...and I were Mike Gillis... I wouldn't be hanging-up too quickly.

Edited by viking mama

I think it's pretty apparent that we DO need him.

Look what happens when he's off...the team loses a step, bigtime.

That aquarium he's wearing will be gone soon...I believe he's had a hard time adjusting to it. Vision is not good, especially on the boards when he's fighting for the puck.

When he clicks, the team's better.

I think it's pretty apparent that we DO need him.

Look what happens when he's off...the team loses a step, bigtime.

That aquarium he's wearing will be gone soon...I believe he's had a hard time adjusting to it. Vision is not good, especially on the boards when he's fighting for the puck.

When he clicks, the team's better.

Give him until the trade deadline. If he's still not "normal" as in producing as he has with the Sedins, OUT.

Or put him on the third. And if it comes between Hansen or Burrows, I'll take Burrows any day; $4,000,000/ yr is a hefty price for a third liner though. But it's Burrows.

The Canucks need scoring. Callahan might be available. I think Burrows going to NYR in a package for Callahan is a great idea.

Edited by Me_