The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Dont worry everybody already knows you hate Burrows more than anyone else. Just curious as to witch rock you will hide under when Burrows does start playing well?. Because if he is playing well you would never admit it.

He exaggerated with the send him to Utica but but everything else is spot on

Torts, Do we really need him?

He should should start mixin toothpaste in with his shampoo

because he's got a cavity in his brains

Getting rid of Alain Vigneault: HUGE mistake

Edited by co

This is a good point.

Think back to last season. The year started out with Kassian playing alongside the twins and for him at least, the move was successful.

However, it wasn't long before the decision was made to reunite Burr with Danny and Hank. (of course, to the collective howls of outrage by the CDC Kassian bandwagon) The thing is, the move wasn't made to get Burrows going, it was to get the Sedins going....and it worked. The twins' numbers improved after getting their old, familiar linemate back.

It begs the question: Are Hank and Dan's current struggles directly related to the tough year that Burrows is having?

Chicken or egg, indeed.

Call me crazy but I think 14mil wrapped up in hart and art ross winners who are dependent on the third linemate is a little rich.

The good news folks, is that Burrows is gonna have that stupid mask off by the end of the month.

And then things are going to inevitably improve.

Here are the facts:

1) Burrows is getting into positions that give him scoring chances. The fact that he is not scoring is more related to him having to wear the mask and his frame of mind than his skills.

2) When someone gets the number of scoring chances he is getting it is only a matter of time before the puck goes in the net.

If he gets the mask off and he still can't score, then we have a problem. But lets hope the coach understands what is happening and gives him the opportunity after the Olympic break.

• Upvote 2

This is a good point.

Think back to last season. The year started out with Kassian playing alongside the twins and for him at least, the move was successful.

However, it wasn't long before the decision was made to reunite Burr with Danny and Hank. (of course, to the collective howls of outrage by the CDC Kassian bandwagon) The thing is, the move wasn't made to get Burrows going, it was to get the Sedins going....and it worked. The twins' numbers improved after getting their old, familiar linemate back.

It begs the question: Are Hank and Dan's current struggles directly related to the tough year that Burrows is having?

Chicken or egg, indeed.

i remember a time when the sedins made anyone on their wing look awesome... anson carter anyone? steve bernier? (LOL)

i miss those sedins, i hope they find their way back to playing like that

• 4 weeks later...