The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

He is dead. But he's getting ressurected.

No yeah, I was just saying I'm not convinced he's getting resurrected. Though I hope it's the case. His death puts a roadblock on the story actually progressing. That last episode had a bit too much death, and that's saying something for Game of Thrones.

No yeah, I was just saying I'm not convinced he's getting resurrected. Though I hope it's the case. His death puts a roadblock on the story actually progressing. That last episode had a bit too much death, and that's saying something for Game of Thrones.

And most of it in question...

We never actually saw Brienne kill Stannis, we don't know if Theon and Sansa survive the leap from the walls of Winterfell, maybe Hizdar survives his stabbing and there's a solid theory that Red Mel will bring Jon back...

Pretty sure Ser Meryn is dead though... B)

And most of it in question...

We never actually saw Brienne kill Stannis, we don't know if Theon and Sansa survive the leap from the walls of Winterfell, maybe Hizdar survives his stabbing and there's a solid theory that Red Mel will bring Jon back...

Pretty sure Ser Meryn is dead though... B)

If they don't die for sure on the screen then I don't count them as dead including Stannis, the Hound, Theon, Sansa and Syrio Forel.

In the show, only one person has come back from the dead that we know about, and that is Ser Beric Dondarrion who kept getting revived by Thoros.

Lady Mel, speaks to Thoros of this when she takes away Gendry to use his blood. The look she gave him when the briefly spoke about it on screen gave the distinct impression that that conversation was not over there.

Did she learn the resurrection secret of the last kiss of the lord of light ceremony from Thoros? I don't know, but it is quite convenient that one of potentially the only two people in the known world that may have the ability to resurrect people is at Castle Black right when Jon gets shanked.

Is Jon Dead? Yes. We saw him die. Will he be resurrected? I think he has to be, to put that much into his story up until this point just to have him shanked to death like that would make a lot of the show pretty pointless IMO.

Edited by Aladeen

Though its not for certain id bet money on it. Kit Harrington was seen at a tennis match looking exactly like the character a few weeks before shooting. Mel came back to the wall right when Jon died. What would have been the point of the Dondarrion scene in season 3 otherwise?

Edited by messier's_elbow

• 3 weeks later...

The current story, on TV, is more flawed than the books, although easier to fix than the book issues. However the grand scale of the show has really sunk in this summer - after Hardhome and Winterfell - and so I cannot wait until S6. Despite all my problems with it :lol: