The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

The  Raveonettes- The Christmas Song

edit: interesting. After I pasted the website. I waited for a few seconds and it turned into a youtube video.

Before, I would paste the youtube website and then press save as soon as possible. When I would click save, it would show it as a video, but then it would show up as a link after it was posted.  

Edited by The Weasel
  • Upvote 1

I had never head of this band until I went to Iceland in 2012.  I was at a record store, and the person working there was telling me that this was one of the biggest bands in Iceland.  I bought their album, and when I got back to Seattle, a week later, their music was playing on the radio. But this song is not from the album I bought.

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1

Lost classic from The Brass Ring. Sold a lot of smokes with this one. Enjoy!

This is The Brass Ring's other hit Senza Fine - Flight Of The Phoenix (it was used in the Jimmy Stewart movie of the same name). The Brass Ring were one of the main exponents of The Now Sound sub genre of MOR instrumental music, which was itself heavily influenced by the music of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

Here Phil Bodner and the boys tackle the samba classic Samba de Orfeo with gusto. This little toe tapper really captures the group in peak form:

The Brass Ring veers into cha cha territory here with Phil Bodner's signature duel sax leads enlivening this latin flavored toe-tapper: