The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

My girl plays in the Melbourne Uni Gamelan ensemble.

Gamelan is an ancient form of Javanese music that is often accompanied by dance or puppet shows.

We went to see this lady perform a couple of years ago,she has one of the most incredible voices I have ever heard 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shades of a couple of years ago. Up 6 - 2 over the Dodgers at the end of the 5th, and the game got turned over to the bullpen. The offence took the rest of the night off, and the bullpen couldn't throw strikes. The Dodgers win 8 - 6.............

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

A few (fairly new to me) Japanese bands, some have been around for a bit, some are barely out of the wrapper. I suggest listening to these songs twice, the first time without looking at the MV, and the second time with the video. I found my interest changed somewhat during the second go through.

The group that I kind of like the most of these four is "Hump Back". They have a good instrumentation, and the vocals are pretty good too (appropriate for the song). Lots of energy, lots of fun. The lead in is very Ramones...

"Shishamo" sound like a cover band for "Scandal", but with the vocals lacking just a bit (at least in this live venue). The drummer and the bass do a good job.

"Chai" doesn't really work for me, but I have to admit that there's something there which strikes a chord. Visually they are very interesting. 

Finally, we have "Gacharic Spin". Not really my cup of tea. It sounds interesting but they are perhaps overproduced, It's just not my cuppa'. Killer guitar.

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Like 1