The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

GO LEYLAH

Even when Ash was still in this tournament I have been rooting for Leylah.

Now Ash is is out it too easy.

There is something about this girl that engages one. 

Edit 

Bummed just saw she lost

Somehow I feel Leylah will have her day sooner than later.

Edited by Ilunga

I don’t know exactly why, but it isn’t just tennis where Canadians are emerging at the top. Soccer, athletics, long distance, tennis, nascar, formula 1, golf, basketball, volleyball, rugby, table tennis, badminton, cycling, swimming I’m sure I’m forgetting more, but these are just off the top of my head. When we used to be an afterthought we’re starting to become a top contender in a wide variety of sports over the last 5 years or so. It was once a rarity when you saw a Canadian competing in x sport (except hockey, that’s been our thing forever), but now you see multiple on numerous professional teams. It’s pretty awesome to see.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I was on pins and needles the whole match, but maybe a bit less when Bianca was playing since it was for the first Canadian to win a US Open championship. 

Had it gone to a third set, I think Leylah would take it. But her serve was inconsistent and had too many double faults at key points. Having finally broke Emma in the second but only to give up the next game was the turning point.

The timeout on a break point may have made a difference, but you never know.  The crowd was definitely bit more pro Canadian. 

Great game regardless.   

Men's final will be historic if Joker wins it.  Not going to that one though. 

IMG_20210911_161748.jpg

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1