The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Actually he said Schroeder had successful surgery, and that he'll be back for camp, which is a good thing. Lots of time for rehab.

Crap. I thought he said no surgery.

Ready for training camp doesn't mean anything then, cause he wil have missed a whole summer of training.

Something tells me he'll be traded this summer though.

Crap. I thought he said no surgery.

Ready for training camp doesn't mean anything then, cause he wil have missed a whole summer of training.

Something tells me he'll be traded this summer though.

To who ? there's not a big demand for 5'9" centres

To who ? there's not a big demand for 5'9" centres

To teams that need an offensive push in their system, looking to go young, a kid who has talent, speed, skill, and willingness to back check. I'm pretty sure there's teams looking for that. Hell probably the Blues could use Schroeder and stick Backes and Stewart with him and he'll be protected by two big bodies no problem.

To teams that need an offensive push in their system, looking to go young, a kid who has talent, speed, skill, and willingness to back check. I'm pretty sure there's teams looking for that. Hell probably the Blues could use Schroeder and stick Backes and Stewart with him and he'll be protected by two big bodies no problem.

No what the Blues want is a repeat of the Legion of Doom line with an equally big centre between those wingers. A big centre with skill

Hopefully the new coach uses him effectively... He's a guy who needs two good wingers. I can see him in between Booth (if not sent away or bought out) and Kassian; both of whom were solid but not burying any of the 1000 chances they created.

Schroeder plays great with big wingers

-played great with JVR and Stoa

-was a dominant force in the AHL for 4 or 5 games with Kassian and Archibald

he needs space and Booth or Kassian can provide that for him

Funny, I think that's on Gillis' list this offseason.

Blues already have Rattie/Schwartz coming up, they don't need another undersized forward.

I think Schroeder will be our 3 C next year. At present it looks like a pretty huge gap, and we will need to be under the cap, so might as well use one of our cheap young guys. I think since Schroeder's been playing pro hockey for the last 3 years he's deserving of a real shot - this is of course dependant upon a strong training camp.

I also think we'll see Raymond walk this off season, so it will allow us to get a bigger/stronger forward in our top 6 -allowing for a smaller 3C. You can't doubt Schroeder's 2-way ability, it's just the case that his offense has to come. His offense did come - at the end of the Wolves season with a 13 game point streak, however we didn't get a chance to see him play after that. Who's to say he's not ready?

Wouldn't mind Booth-Schroeder-Hansen, high energy line that can provide offense. But that's assuming we at least start the twins with Kass, then maybe Higgins-Kes-Burr, lots of chemistry between those three, and more solid energy ad forechecking.

Anyone think it's realistic (and filling expectations) if he became like Mark Letestu? (He plays 3rd line minutes but scored nearly 0.6 p.p.g. last season); from what I've seen Mark's pretty strong but both guys have good shots and can skate alright (note I'm not comparing them by their draft status, or lack thereof, since guys like St. Louis have thrived without being drafted, and look where Pat Stefan ended up)

Also, what would be a fair return for his RFA rights should we not re-sign him?

Anyone think it's realistic (and filling expectations) if he became like Mark Letestu? (He plays 3rd line minutes but scored nearly 0.6 p.p.g. last season); from what I've seen Mark's pretty strong but both guys have good shots and can skate alright (note I'm not comparing them by their draft status, or lack thereof, since guys like St. Louis have thrived without being drafted, and look where Pat Stefan ended up)

Also, what would be a fair return for his RFA rights should we not re-sign him?

That is a good point, they are still listing Connauton as in the system as well so it might just be off season not updated...

I would trade him for a 3rd line center only bigger.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived