The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

nj sits 8 points out of playoff spot and is riding a streak thats seen them go 16 - 1 - 2. with arnotts salary coming off the cap next season theres no reason to believe parise won't be staying in nj. they'll probably make the playoffs, which he should be back for and resign at 7-8m per in offseason. im sure hes available if you wanna send hodgson, schneider, raymond and a 1st the other way, but unless its horribly one sided it aint happening.

Bieksa + Raymond + Schneider + for Parise + Hedberg? I'd love Clarkson back also but not sure it would fit cap wise. That's probably what it would take player and cap wise though.

I cannot believe I am saying this but with the way this team is going I can't make the deal if it involved Bieksa, unless I know 100% Salo is ready to go.

I wonder if there's anyways we could set up a deal to trade Parise back to Devils after the end of the playoffs for essentially garbage. Use this as a ploy to lower the rental price of Parise (the difference in cost of 2-3 months of Parise and keeping him should be drastic and we can't afford him past this season anyways).

• 3 weeks later...

Sound about right. He was supposed to be re-examined early March. No set-backs means that he would start skating again. So it's just a matter of getting back to game shape / conditioning.

As much as I would like VAN to get Parise...I don't think NJ is entering a full rebuild mode. So most likely NJ will offer Parise a $6M contract to keep him and build the team around Parise and Kovy.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Devils are done this year...but look out for them next year.

And after next season, the contracts for Rolston, White, Salvador, and Brodeur are all up. That will give Lou over 16 million to play with, so they will probably be loading up for 2012-13.

I doubt Parise goes anywhere.

Most Devils fans want Edler coming back the other way.

So it'd have to be along the lines of:

Schneider + Edler + 1st rounder

They might even want Hodgson instead of that pick.

The Devils are not rebuilding by any means and they can afford to keep Parise. He's a 90 point guy. If anyone is going to pry him away for Jersey, they'll have to SEVERLY overpay.

Not just a 90 point guy but also a 40 goal scorer, an elite two-way winger (top 5 in the league), the hardest working guy on the ice most nights, a natural leader and intense competitor who the Devils believe will lead them to a Stanley Cup someday, and whom they traded up to draft. He isn't available.

I doubt Parise goes anywhere.

Most Devils fans want Edler coming back the other way.

So it'd have to be along the lines of:

Schneider + Edler + 1st rounder

They might even want Hodgson instead of that pick.

The Devils are not rebuilding by any means and they can afford to keep Parise. He's a 90 point guy. If anyone is going to pry him away for Jersey, they'll have to SEVERLY overpay.

Looks like we can sort of scratch the rumour that he wants out:

"The contract is the least of my worries," he said. "I hope they're thinking of bringing me back. I'm not worried about long-term effects. It's all about my psyche and wanting to play again."

If the LA Kings are able to bring in Parise they would tear through the west, their team already has soo much young talent in their organization.

I would love to have Parise on our team, but the chances are slim, we cant afford another player in his bracket for the long run, especially if we seize ourselves a nice shiny cup this year ;)

Archived