The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's funny how we have no idea what to do. Your instincts tell you to get out of the building, but then you remember being taught to get under a desk.

My cat had the right idea by running under the bed. I have giant power lines outside my house. I guess if it really was "the big one", I'm S.O.L. either way. Those would probably come down?

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

My cat had the right idea by running under the bed. I have giant power lines outside my house. I guess if it really was "the big one", I'm S.O.L. either way. Those would probably come down?

I think that's the biggest reason to stay inside. Once those power lines go down your more likely to get electrocuted than crushed.

That and if the road opens up and swallows you whole.

5 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Is it wrong that I have my emergency kit, firearms, and ammo beside me? I mean really? 

3 minutes ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Not really. People get nasty. If the big one hits expect $&!# too hit the fan.

I was just going to mention that... 

Considering not very many people are prepared and will be ill equipped having that stuff is good to have nearby..

Just now, DeNiro said:

I think that's the biggest reason to stay inside. Once those power lines go down your more likely to get electrocuted than crushed.

I might make a run for it. Perhaps I'll be asked to tell my story if I survive. It'll make for a cool movie about how I ducked and dogged falling power lines and ran faster than Usain Bolt to avoid the fissures opening up.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Apparently that's a myth unless you're standing under a sink hole or something.. 

IMO going outside is the best option if you don't have any other objects like trees, power lines, buildings etc.. nearby that could collapse.