The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I don't blame Guardiola at all.

I also wonder if he was gonna keep their third string players in, might as well have not bothered with the FC Bayern starters with how little time they got, were largely ineffective coming in cold and Schweinsteiger wound up getting hurt because of a dumb tackle.

Clearly they had a gentleman's agreement that players on the MLS side didn't follow, and after the first dumb challenge I wouldn't have even brought the Bayern starters in at all.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Im beginning to think this goes a little deeper..could it be how we are thought of...Impact as well have no representation...but of course Toronto has 2-3 players..minus Defoe being hurt...maybe they feel medium market Canadian teams can go to hell.

Look no further than the incessant use of the word 'golazo' to see which marketplace MLS is targeting.

Look no further than the incessant use of the word 'golazo' to see which marketplace MLS is targeting.

I really dont like this much..I like the Caps because I was here in the NASL days and saw them win...but what they are putting on the pitch now will never win...never...there is no excitement or finish...Lenarduzzi keeps filling holes,,,he actually needs to go.

I remember Willie Johnston taking a drink of a fans beer before a corner kick....loved him.

WILLLLLIE_zpsb1b7c8b3.jpg

I didn't bother to watch, what happened? Did Bayern play their bench?

Long story short: Guardiola and the Bayern coaching staff got pissed off by two rough challenges. One was made on Shaqiri by Alonso, while the other one was made by Will Johnson on Schweinsteiger. The second one happened after he, Gotze, Muller, Lahm, and Robben were substituted into the game with 10 minutes to go.

Game ends, the Bayern staff refuse to shake hands with the MLS team coaching staff. Players didn't seem to care too much, though. They shook hands, anyway.

Long story short: Guardiola and the Bayern coaching staff got pissed off by two rough challenges. One was made on Shaqiri by Alonso, while the other one was made by Will Johnson on Schweinsteiger. The second one happened after he, Gotze, Muller, Lahm, and Robben were substituted into the game with 10 minutes to go.

Game ends, the Bayern staff refuse to shake hands with the MLS team coaching staff. Players didn't seem to care too much, though. They shook hands, anyway.

who won...I actually dont care...nice to see Will Johnston do a dirty challenge...he is a Porter pick.

The MLS sucks on so many levels.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Wow. Well, I dunno about playing your star players for the whole game and risking injury (which did happen to Schweinsteiger...) but not shaking hands with the opposition is just classless.

Wow. Well, I dunno about playing your star players for the whole game and risking injury (which did happen to Schweinsteiger...) but not shaking hands with the opposition is just classless.

He was fuming mad over the first booking, the second one was the last straw (against Schweinsteiger). I don't blame him really. Bayern has a championship to defend, their guys are already beaten up from the WC, so getting superstars injured in a friendly/exhibition would piss me off too.

Edit: Schweinsteiger left the game because of an injured ankle, same ankle that bugged him all last season for Bayern. He surely aggravated it with all the fouls he took from Argentina in the WC Finals. Not good with Bayern opening the season in a few weeks.

As much as I wanted to see the WC champs, and as much as they were contractually obligated with their sponsorships, and the latest Bayern office expansion to New York, they still should have just left their normal starting players out. I don't care about the MLS.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

A letter from Kendall Waston to Vancouver Fans:

https://twitter.com/kwaston88/status/497758414458880000/photo/1

On another note, Andrea Neil is being inducted into the Ring of Honour on Sunday. She was definitely a hero of mine growing up. She's played a big part in both the organization as well as soccer in Canada, I'm very happy she's getting recognized for her contributions.

Was a solid win today. Managed to control the game, if only because of Kansas not showing up. Really fucking hate Fernandez though. the guy offers nothing, and plays with zero integrity. No idea why he keeps starting every game, other than that maybe he's Robinson's favourite.

The team is far easier to like when they have Tiebert, Salgado, O'Brien and others out there over Mitchell, Fernandez, and even Hurtado. Like I said before though it has to be all about that squad rotation, especially when your team's main strength lies in that your bench is almost as good as your starters.

I don't know what to think of Mattock's though. If a person can score a goal, generate chances, and still look sloppy out there, it was him today. He has to start again next game for sure, but I hope he can show up for an entire game then.

The Caps fizzle again.

Two points out of three games against the team with the poorest record in the West.

And they only managed a draw against Montreal, the team with the worst record in MLS.

Very disappointing.

It's time to bring in some better people in management. And it's time to get some real talent with our Designated Player. I'm also become concerned that MLS is expanding too fast, just like the NASL.

Despite the salary cap, a look at the numbers on a World Cup year a lot of teams are dropping in attendance.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1

This years version of the Caps is no different than any other year of their existence. They can't complete three passes in a row, never win a ball in the air when challenged, the coaching staff hasn't figured out a starting line-up, or doesn't have the talent to figure that out, and, I don't see anyone with enough talent to be designated as a DP.

Last night was 2 hours of my life, that I won't get back, after watching that debacle.

Time for change at the top, which I've been saying for the last two years.

• Upvote 1

It's time to bring in some better people in management. And it's time to get some real talent with our Designated Player. I'm also become concerned that MLS is expanding too fast, just like the NASL.

Despite the salary cap, a look at the numbers on a World Cup year a lot of teams are dropping in attendance.

I'm certainly not going to hold my breath. Pedro Morales is good, and that's probably all we will get. They more or less already said they were going to chase any big DPs. Again, "big" is up for interpretation...but I'm going to assume they aren't willing to spend money to win games as long as they can sort of consistently compete for a playoff position. Management seems OK with mediocrity.

• Upvote 1