The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

The best I've ever seen was Raheem Sterling as a 17 year old when Liverpool came to Toronto. The next best thing was Charlie Adam and Alberto Aquilani. Both were sold a few weeks later......

We shouted all match for Suarez, Gerrard, Carroll (lol) but to no avail.

Would love to go to Europe and experience a game live.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Mascherano, David Villa, Alexis Sanchez, Kaka, Courtios, Diego Godin, Falcao, Pirlo, Vidal, Buffon, Rooney, Henrik Larsson (will always be my all time favourite), Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski, Lahm, Götze, Müller and Neuer are probably the standouts for me.

Of course, I have the privilege of living in Europe and with a couple of hours on a budget flight it's convenient. If you do make it over to Europe Ryanair is the answer (never had a problem flying with them and I'm going to Germany next week for the equivalent of about $30).

• Upvote 1

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Mascherano, David Villa, Alexis Sanchez, Kaka, Courtios, Diego Godin, Falcao, Pirlo, Vidal, Buffon, Rooney, Henrik Larsson (will always be my all time favourite), Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski, Lahm, Götze, Müller and Neuer are probably the standouts for me.

Of course, I have the privilege of living in Europe and with a couple of hours on a budget flight it's convenient. If you do make it over to Europe Ryanair is the answer (never had a problem flying with them and I'm going to Germany next week for the equivalent of about $30).

lol kaka, what a dramatic fall from grace. that guy was a genius for a number of years.

still remember seeing a clip of that henrik larsson leg break...

where's southampton???????? I also wouldn't count out arse and maybe liverpool I also hope west ham could maybe make a run and finish 5th. It's far from over yet.

I think that Southhampton is not top 4 material this year and they have a lot of tough fixtures coming up. I think Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have a legit shot at 3rd and 4th place but I think Man Utd and Tottenham edge out the gunners.

Piers Morgan is calling for Wenger's sacking, and suggesting Klopp as a replacement (Dortmund 1 point above Germany's worst).

Honestly, the move sort of makes sense in a way... Wenger could go back to France and finish up his career with a championship or two with PSG, since they are reportedly looking to replace Blanc with (ugh) Benitez

lol kaka, what a dramatic fall from grace. that guy was a genius for a number of years.

still remember seeing a clip of that henrik larsson leg break...

It really was. Though I'll be interested to watch him when Orlando visits Vancouver.

United need to move on from the Falcao loan and Rooney as a CM experiment. It's just not working.

I think United must buy Falcao after this year as per the loan agreement, and the deal was set this way for FFP reasons.

I still don't know how Herrera can't get in to the first team.

I think United must buy Falcao after this year as per the loan agreement, and the deal was set this way for FFP reasons.

I still don't know how Herrera can't get in to the first team.

Not the case. They have the option to buy and he isn't worth 50 mil. He isn't worth 20 IMO.

United need to move on from the Falcao loan and Rooney as a CM experiment. It's just not working.

Totally agree. They look clueless atm... Playing De Maria with Rooney in the middle, means there's only 1 proper C/M in the team, and they simply get over run. If they want to play Rooney together with either Mata or de Maria, they should play only 1 striker. But preferably they should play Roo as a proper no.10 or sell him and play De Maria on the wing... a proper 4-4-2 formation

You guys ever been to Europe for a game?

Best players you've seen live?

I live in Madrid and Im an Atletico season ticket holder, but haven't seen as many good players as you have. Best players I've seen live are Messi, Agüero, Arda Turan and Pogba (I can't say Ronaldo)

And RIP Real Madrid haha

Edited by CanucksMadrid