The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows Extension - What will it take?

Neversummer

There's been so much attention on Raymond but I was thinking of Burrows. Most players work out an extension in the last year of contract, so this is Burrows' last year at $2m/yr ... everyone knows he's been underpaid, what do you think will take to sign him to an extension? Will we have to overpay to compensate for the previous 4 bargain years?

Agree with stamkos, I think he'll care about the term more than the money, that's only 100k more than jones new contract cap hit, it's the 6 years that is important. By that time he'll be retiring or in need of a 1-2 year cheaper contract before getting 14 retired. (it'll happen)

Only guy in the NHL with a better combo of goals and penalty minutes in last three seasons? Corey Perry. So yeah, I think he deserves a raise. True the Sedins gift him with goals, but he's been scoring 25~30 goals with almost 0 PP time. I hope to god he takes another paycut to stay (~3.5), but he really deserves 4M.

What will it take?

A grateful attitude on the part of management.

Recognition of contribution,sacrafice and position.

Don't keep using your heart and soul players,Gillis.

There have been a few free agents that did not deserve the multi millions they made here and Burr deserved millions more than he received.

If GIllis moneyballs Burr I am going to be really choked.

Archived