The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Agent: Kesler out till at least December

samirjaver

That is good to hear. I would rather have Kesler back when he is 100% than have him play sub par and get injured again.

Besides players that come back early to help the team are trashed by CDC (see Bieksa and Ballard)....why would any player want to return under those circumstances.

If Vancouver is going to make a big splash in the playoffs, they at least need a healthy team going in.....no more rushing players back too early. We have some prospects in Chicago who are ready for some game experience so give them the chance instead of rushing out and signing a veteran who is rapidly on the decline. As long as we are not in danger of missing the playoffs, give guys like Schroeder, Connaughton, Jensen etc a chance to gain some valuable development time and experience. We will be a better team down the road because of it.

But if you look for truthfulness

You might just as well be blind.

It always seems to be so hard to give.

Honesty is such a lonely word.

Everyone is so untrue.

Honesty is hardly ever heard.

And mostly what I need from you.

I have a feeling that this may just be a way to regain some leverage in a possible Luongo trade. If we sign Doan, that would put us over the cap. Being over the cap and needing to shed salary gives advantage to other teams in trade duscussions. Going on record and saying Kesler will not be back before December (even if it isn't true) automatically gives the impression of LTIR cap relief, therefore we wouldn't "need" to have him traded before the season starts, keeping us in a position of strength in trade talks

In October and November (assuming Luongo is still on the roster and we sign both Doan and Arnott):

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Arnott - Doan

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Weise - Ebbett - Pinizzotto*

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

In December forwards (assuming Luongo is still on the roster and we sign both Doan and Arnott):

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Kassian

Raymond - Ebbett - Pinizzotto*

Weise*

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

That would be the best roster the team has ever iced and I would feel comfortable riding a tandem where both goalies play 41 games with. In the playoffs, ride the hot hand. (Not possible due to cap, though) :towel:

* = extra forwards

Archived