The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Really it was tipped? I watched the 2nd replay and it didn't look like it was tipped or touched at all, but I'll go back and check and edit if I see it, cheers.

It was tipped, but not drastically and definitely not suddenly enough to make the adjustment awkward. The ball still hit him in the hands, but he just choked. Seattle still would've needed a 2 point conversion, but that was a big miss.

10 minutes ago, c00kies said:

It was tipped, but not drastically and definitely not suddenly enough to make the adjustment awkward. The ball still hit him in the hands, but he just choked. Seattle still would've needed a 2 point conversion, but that was a big miss.

Yeah I slowed it down and finally saw it was tipped, I guess because it still went into his hands straight I didn't think it was tipped, but I guess the smallest adjustment in a split second can alter catching it.

Eagles @ Saints early game in 2 weeks has now been changed to a 1:25 pm  Pacific time start instead of 10:00 am.

Interesting. Eagles will have a nationally televised game 2 weeks in a row.

Meanwhile Cowboys get back to back prime time games MNF tonight and then next Sunday night in Philly.

Have to hope they can find a running game to keep Saints offence off the field as long as they can so they don't get boat raced.

19 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I don't know how he hasn't been canned.  Drafting also needs major improvement,  Bolles and Lynch being the biggest misses.

Phillip Lindsey is fun to watch though. Don't know why he went undrafted. Every carry he gives it his all. Runs with good burst and surprsing power for a smaller back.

The Broncos OL is pretty solid run blocking and overall I think they are a better team than their record indicates.

Combination of coaching and play calling is holding then back imo.

Also Case Keenum is not a franchise guy more like a place holder.

They passed on Josh Rosen and Josh Allen.

I just think in this wide open pass happy high scoring offence era, you need offensive minded head coaches.

I would hire Hue Jackson as an OC and have the Vikings OC John DeFillipo ex qb coachof the Eagles become the HC and hand pick his franchise guy.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Phillip Lindsey is fun to watch though. Don't know why he went undrafted. Every carry he gives it his all. Runs with good burst and surprsing power for a smaller back.

The Broncos OL is pretty solid run blocking and overall I think they are a better team than their record indicates.

Combination of coaching and play calling is holding then back imo.

Also Case Keenum is not a franchise guy more like a place holder.

They passed on Josh Rosen and Josh Allen.

I just think in this wide open pass happy high scoring offence era, you need offensive minded head coaches.

I would hire Hue Jackson as an OC and have the Vikings OC John DeFillipo ex qb coachof the Eagles become the HC and hand pick his franchise guy.

I don't think either Rosen or Allen were the guy.  Chubb was a great pick at that spot.  Keenum can hold the spot after the class after the upcoming one with Tua and Fromm.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Vance McDonald or Jesse James for TE? I need a TE for my bye week this week and there's no good TE's available aside from Hooper who's on waiver until Saturday.

Vance. I'd take a look at Chris Herndon of the Jets. Might be a decent play against the Bills. 

7 hours ago, Van40 said:

Vance. I'd take a look at Chris Herndon of the Jets. Might be a decent play against the Bills. 

I think I'll take a gamble on Herndon. He's been playing solid the past few weeks and I don't want to take a chance on a team that's playing on a headline night. Hope Vance doesn't burn my decision tomorrow.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I think I'll take a gamble on Herndon. He's been playing solid the past few weeks and I don't want to take a chance on a team that's playing on a headline night. Hope Vance doesn't burn my decision tomorrow.

Of course both Vance and James have tds. 

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Of course both Vance and James have tds. 

God damn Vance. Put up 8.4 points.... Herndon better have a field day or I'm going to regret not going for Vance. My opponent has JuJu and AB and he's already up 28pts because of their performances tonight.

Edited by Apple Juice