The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

People sleeping on Seattle as a contender:ph34r:.

Top 10 Scoring Offence and Defence

2nd in turnover differential (fewest giveaways)

Top 10 in 3rd down defence

Best Run game in the NFL

6th in passing yards per attempt

Arguably the best punter in the NFL

All-Pro returner

Best LB in football

A SB winning QB

A SB winning HC

And people were calling for Pete Carroll/John Schneider heads. Predicting they would win 4 games. That Cam Newton was a bette QB than Russell Wilson

Ha.

18 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Best Run game in the NFL

All-Pro returner

Best LB in football

A SB winning QB

A SB winning HC

And people were calling for Pete Carroll/John Schneider heads. Predicting they would win 4 games. That Cam Newton was a bette QB than Russell Wilson

Ha.

Seattle's record against 500. or better teams is 2-5. The teams they beat were Denver and Carolina. 

Russell Wilson has established himself as a legit top qb (5-8 range). He and Cam are pretty even in talent level so relax lol. 

Solid year for Seattle overall. Nice little re-tool but don't get ahead yourself. This team isn't winning the sb this year lol. 

52 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Seattle's record against 500. or better teams is 2-5. The teams they beat were Denver and Carolina. 

Russell Wilson has established himself as a legit top qb (5-8 range). He and Cam are pretty even in talent level so relax lol. 

Solid year for Seattle overall. Nice little re-tool but don't get ahead yourself. This team isn't winning the sb this year lol. 

But every single one of their losses has been by 8 points or less. 1 score. They are in games, even when they don't play particularly well (Denver, Chicago, LAC). 1 more big play, and those L's turn into W's. The margin is that small. To be frank, the only team that I don't want to play in the playoffs is @New Orleans. I'll take my chances with the Rams for a 3rd time. The Bears are offense who has success on script. Trubisky doesn't scare me either. Cowboys? Please. 

All I am saying is that stranger things have happened.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

But every single one of their losses has been by 8 points or less. 1 score. They are in games, even when they don't play particularly well (Denver, Chicago, LAC). 1 more big play, and those L's turn into W's. The margin is that small.

6 of the Canucks last 8 losses have been 1 goal losses, with 5 of those 6 games being tied in the 3rd period. They are in games, even when they don't particularly play well (Vegas, Dallas, Ducks). 1 more save by Marky or Brock not hitting the post, those L's turn into W's. The margin is that small. 

Could be a 2nd half turn around to the season.

All I'm saying is that stranger things have happened.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

6 of the Canucks last 8 losses have been 1 goal losses, with 5 of those 6 games being tied in the 3rd period. They are in games, even when they don't particularly play well (Vegas, Dallas, Ducks). 1 more save by Marky or Brock not hitting the post, those L's turn into W's. The margin is that small. 

Could be a 2nd half turn around to the season.

All I'm saying is that stranger things have happened.

I like the way you think @NucksPatsFan

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

But every single one of their losses has been by 8 points or less. 1 score. They are in games, even when they don't play particularly well (Denver, Chicago, LAC). 1 more big play, and those L's turn into W's. The margin is that small. To be frank, the only team that I don't want to play in the playoffs is @New Orleans. I'll take my chances with the Rams for a 3rd time. The Bears are offense who has success on script. Trubisky doesn't scare me either. Cowboys? Please. 

All I am saying is that stranger things have happened.

I think it's just because you have the Rams and Saints that are looking like SB teams that every other NFC contending team is overlooked. I'd love it if a non-Rams and Saints team represented the NFC.

15 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Best Run game in the NFL

All-Pro returner

Best LB in football

A SB winning QB

A SB winning HC

Ha.

Honestly I like Seattle's chances especially over a team like the Chargers but that part about the punter made me chuckle a bit. 

It's great finally having a legitimate run game for the first time in a long time. 

Brady's TD stats won't look good this year, but he'll get an extra season out of his body by resting it as much as he's gotten to this season. 

The passing game is efficient in getting us into the red zone, and Michel, Devlin, White, Burkhead, Patterson have been great at finishing drives on the ground. 

57 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

It's great finally having a legitimate run game for the first time in a long time. 

Brady's TD stats won't look good this year, but he'll get an extra season out of his body by resting it as much as he's gotten to this season. 

The passing game is efficient in getting us into the red zone, and Michel, Devlin, White, Burkhead, Patterson have been great at finishing drives on the ground. 

Of course as I say this Brady has 3 TDs in the 1st half, all 3 throws on dimes.