The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Ah, my poor Giants...whatever happened to them?

I will continue to support them but a far cry from "my" team of the mid 80's that shut the naysayers up: LT (the real one), Banks, Pepper Johnson, Mark Bavaro, Phil Simms, Joe Morris, Leonard Marshall. The good ol' days.

• Upvote 1

Ah, my poor Giants...whatever happened to them?

I will continue to support them but a far cry from "my" team of the mid 80's that shut the naysayers up: LT (the real one), Banks, Pepper Johnson, Mark Bavaro, Phil Simms, Joe Morris, Leonard Marshall. The good ol' days.

Two words. Eli Manning.

World beater one game, third string QB the next.

Where they belong.

Moving the Bills to TO would have sucked out loud.

Toronto really needs to let the football world know that it is not interested in the NFL. If the factions in Toronto keep trying to get one, they eventually will. If that happens then the Argos could easily end up having to fold as a result. It would be a shame if the CFL didn't have a team representing the biggest city in Canada.

If you have Cordarelle Patterson, start him this week. He and AP are going to carve up the Pats like it's Thanksgiving dinner

Yeah if Moreno and Miller can go off for almost 200 yards what will AP and Patterson do!? Yikes...

Wasn't NE supposed to have a stout d this year. With Vilfork, Mayo and them boys coming back??

Edited by Jiggs50

Yeah if Moreno and Miller can go off for almost 200 yards what will AP and Patterson do!? Yikes...

Wasn't NE supposed to have a stout d this year. With Vilfork, Mayo and them boys coming back??

Run defense not really. Pass defense yea. But the entire defense looked horrible. I just hope this was growing pains and they can get it together. And that wasn't even the biggest problem...that oline was horrible.

The defense is expected to be, and will be pretty great. Just have to remember that both Mayo and Wilfork missed the last 12 games of the season last year and Sunday was their first real action to shake rust off.

To simply put it, the D line just got outplayed by Miami's O-line. Don't know if the 2 BS roughing the passer calls against Jones got to his head or what, but he was very ineffective, as were Wilfork, Vellano, Ninkovitch et al.

The O-line was embarrassed and had their jobs put on the line by Cameron Wake. Brady very uncharacteristically missed deep balls or Gronk on the middle seam.

Speaking of Gronk, he played less than 50% of the snaps.

I expect them to load the box versus Minnesota because Revis, Dennard, McCourty should be able to handle Minnesota's weak passing game.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I know the Pats lost to the Dolphins (in the first game of the season), but this is retarded

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000392135/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-49ers-rise-up-patriots-plummet

I'd have them lower. They looked terrible: Brady missing easy passes, atrocious pass blocking, and some horrible play calling which worries me the most.