The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

AAAANNNNDDD the Raiders still suck... Yes it's quite the shock, I know.

It's hard to be a Raider fan. No playoffs since 2002 and no Championship since 1983. Not good to see Carr go down tonight either. But it the end it really probably wouldn't have made a huge difference. Hope he's not seriously hurt though, i would like to see the Raiders be somewhat competitive... if possible.

The Raiders have been a pathetic organization for many years from top to bottom so it's no surprise even without Al Davis they're still doing terrible. I certainly wouldn't support my team if it were run like this..so your patience is either commendable or crazy. Edited by Mr. Ambien

AAAANNNNDDD the Raiders still suck... Yes it's quite the shock, I know.

It's hard to be a Raider fan. No playoffs since 2002 and no Championship since 1983. Not good to see Carr go down tonight either. But it the end it really probably wouldn't have made a huge difference. Hope he's not seriously hurt though, i would like to see the Raiders be somewhat competitive... if possible.

Yeah they still need some pieces on defense and maybe another target on offense. A couple more top 10 picks should do it.

True but Foles is > Bradford and highly doubt that changes. Foles was looking like a top tier QB that can lead you to a championship the past 2 years.

Can't say that for Bradford. Lateral trade at best imo. Was no point in doing it me thinks.

Keep in mind it was only one game (and honestly seattles D looked sloppy) and you have to wait for Bradford to at least play a game before you judge him lol. I mean if he comes out and throws 5 TDs can you really say it was bad or lateral? Plus remember Foles still turned the ball over twice which was his huge issue last year in philly. Even if Bradford busts as an Eagle and Foles has a good year it doesn't mean Foles was right for the Eagles system.

For the record though even though just preseason every drive Bradford was on the field as an Eagle they scored a TD. No reason for the Eagles not to be hyped on Bradford now.

At least let Sam play a game though. Imo he will have an elite year

You can find articles on espn or watch youtube videos of his chokes. Not being able to hold a ball for an extra point #clutch, throwing ints with the game in reach #clutch.

I remember last season vs denver, game on the line, interception

The score was 51-48, he threw for 500 yards and 5TDs. Pretty sure that game was on the defense
  • Upvote 3

Seahawks lost because they couldn't gain half a yard again?

ST. LOUIS - The Seahawks needed a yard. The Rams defence knew that this time, unlike in the Super Bowl, they would give the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

Once again, Pete Carroll's choice didn't work out. Rams defensive linemen Michael Brockers and Aaron Donald stuffed Lynch for a 1-yard loss on fourth down to seal a 34-31 overtime over the two-time defending NFC champs victory Sunday.

"We were thinking run," Donald said. "It's short yardage and we know they've got Lynch back there and we knew they were going to give it to him."

Carroll said the play had been getting 2 or 3 yards "all day long." The Seahawks' bid to keep overtime going died at the Rams 43, about 10 yards shy of field goal range.

"I don't know how they got the penetration, but they did," he said.

I guess the Rams must have cheated....oh wait...it's only the Pats that everyone says that....

The Raiders have been a pathetic organization for many years from top to bottom so it's no surprise even without Al Davis they're still doing terrible. I certainly wouldn't support my team if it were run like this..so your patience is either commendable or crazy.

It's more than likely crazy. Like you said the whole organization is completely backwards, there needs to be an entire change to the culture of the organization.

Like i said before, it's tough be a Raiders fan.

I think Rex Ryan was glad to get out of that nuthouse in NYC. He seems happy and doing a better job so far in Buffalo. But I guess we'll see how the season plays out.

I do find it funny that people are saying the NY Giants are too conservative, and the Seahawks coaching is too risky.

No doubt. I have to say I warmed to him a bit when he took that dare of eating the dog biscuits and even pretended to be enjoying them...

Meanwhile, Donky Kong Suh has been cleared by the league for knocking Alfred Morris' helmet off. I have to agree personally, as it didn't look like a deliberate act. As Mike Murphy would say: "There was no distinct kicking motion"...

...although, it was Ndamukong Suh....

It's more than likely crazy. Like you said the whole organization is completely backwards, there needs to be an entire change to the culture of the organization.

Like i said before, it's tough be a Raiders fan.

If it's any consolation the Niners organization hasn't been worth much of late either.

Meanwhile, Donky Kong Suh has been cleared by the league for knocking Alfred Morris' helmet off. I have to agree personally, as it didn't look like a deliberate act. As Mike Murphy would say: "There was no distinct kicking motion"...

...although, it was Ndamukong Suh....

It looked intentional to me, despite no clear "kicking motion". Very rarely do you knock someone's helmet off unintentionally with your leg.

There's a lot of nasty offensive linemen in the AFC East, I have a feeling Suh will be starting a brawl or 2.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

It looked intentional to me, despite no clear "kicking motion". Very rarely do you knock someone's helmet off unintentionally with your leg.

There's a lot of nasty offensive linemen in the AFC East, I have a feeling Suh will be starting a brawl or 2.

It looks like he rips it off with his right hand

Something was can agree on... :lol:

Screw Suh but Pacman Jones should be suspended 4 games at the least. Took Amari Cooper to the ground, Cooper's helmet came off, Jones grabbed his head and smashed it against his helmet. Like wtf!!? If I was in the game I would beat the crap out of Jones. Don't do stuff like that and beyond me why no one backed up Cooper.

Knowing the NFL he won't be suspended though..

Screw Suh but Pacman Jones should be suspended 4 games at the least. Took Amari Cooper to the ground, Cooper's helmet came off, Jones grabbed his head and smashed it against his helmet. Like wtf!!? If I was in the game I would beat the crap out of Jones. Don't do stuff like that and beyond me why no one backed up Cooper.

Knowing the NFL he won't be suspended though..

Should've been an ejection from the game. Refs screwed up, and I'm guessing Goodell will once again screw up too.