The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

13 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I don't think it was the laces
Kicker just hooched it

The only one who actually mentioned the laces was the announcer. He suggested that it may have had a psychological affect on the kicker. Ghosts and I were merely referring to being reminded of Ace Ventura. In case that was what you were commenting on.

44 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

The only one who actually mentioned the laces was the announcer. He suggested that it may have had a psychological affect on the kicker. Ghosts and I were merely referring to being reminded of Ace Ventura. In case that was what you were commenting on.

I was referring to the announcer.

I thought about the Ace Ventura quote as soon as it happened too. And I still want some of those cookies. ::D 

That kick was too close to blame it on the laces.

Can't even imagine how awesome Walsh must feel right now. Completely folds and shanks a CFL gimmie. Thanks buds. Mad props to the Vikings though, the defense played very good. Near perfect even. What a crushing loss.

At least the weather will be warmer in Carolina.

And good job by Seattle to hold them to 3 field goals, especially after the early turnover. 

Damn was I  happy to be sitting beside a woodstove eating a steak and drinking a cold beer though instead of being outside in that weather. 

Edited by Green Building

17 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Almost all fan bases have fans like that. 

Btw Marvin Lewis back again next year. LOL. What does he have to do to get fired???

I'm a little iffy on that decision. Yea we had a great year but he made some bad decisions last night. We couldn't win a game with Marvin when we had Palmer/Ochocinco/Houshmanzadeh etc. and still haven't. Still not official yet, but a guy like Tom Coughlin would be perfect for us. 

Edited by Pears
Addition to op

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

Can't even imagine how awesome Walsh must feel right now. Completely folds and shanks a CFL gimmie. Thanks buds. Mad props to the Vikings though, the defense played very good. Near perfect even. What a crushing loss.

At least the weather will be warmer in Carolina.

And good job by Seattle to hold them to 3 field goals, especially after the early turnover. 

Damn was I  happy to be sitting beside a woodstove eating a steak and drinking a cold beer though instead of being outside in that weather. 

wouldn't it be harder in CFL at that distance, since the markers are wider apart?

Pats vs Chiefs: 

For the Chiefs to win, they'll have to rely on their defense and special teams. With Maclin out (high ankle sprain is usually a month of recovery at the least), they lose a vital piece to their throwing game. Only other real threat is Kelce and like how BB usually does, he'll double him taking him out of the game and stack the box. 

...Chiefs will have to get as much pressure on Brady as they can. Front 7 is full of talent and with a banged up Pats oline that's been shaky, they must take full advantage of it and disrupt Tom. Disrupt Tom and you're in it. The running game has taken a bit hit with Blount out and don't have any legiamate threats that can take a handoff and pound it up the middle. The running game has turned into an extension of Tom thus, must disrupt him as often as they can. If they can do this and their special teams can be on their game, Pats have a good shot at losing. If they can't however get to Tom enough, I say the Pats take it. 

• Upvote 1