The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

On 10/5/2016 at 3:56 PM, Madness said:

According to JR, WWE is close to buying the TNA video library. Says it's imminent.

JR also says Lesnar vs Goldberg is set for Survivor Series.

I just did a survey for the WWE asking if I would pay a little more if TNA and ROH libraries were added.  So JR is right.

16 hours ago, TheHitman said:

The plan is to have larger shows shot for TV sort've like SNME used to be. First one is coming up in December I think. 

Could work. Don't mind not having to pay for a free premium show, lol.

That wouldn't differ in terms of storytelling from a traditional PPV format.

Would be better than just having those special "branded" episodes of Impact, like Destination X.

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

So WWE wants to sell a video game so bad, that they are having another Goldberg v Lesnar match to promote it. Saw their Wrestlemania match live, and never I want to see those two again. 

Just a complete lack of interest. Anyone else too?

that mania match were two guys who were leaving and didn't give a **** anymore. this next match is two guys who still dont give a **** but wwe suffers from amnesia

So WWE wants to sell a video game so bad, that they are having another Goldberg v Lesnar match to promote it. Saw their Wrestlemania match live, and never I want to see those two again. 

what?!  GOLDBERG IS COMING BACK!  What more do you want?  People probably don't even care for the quality match, because it probably isn't going to be great wrestling match.  Just excited to see him back.

I hate Lesnar's current run in general. Against Goldberg though? Should be the worst match of the year.

• Upvote 1

To me, all Goldberg had, was a hype of being able to squash anyone in less than 5 minutes and maybe one the best entrances in wrestling (music epic). During that era, that was all you needed.  

Very different product now a days, and other than wanting to see his entrance, I rather not see a 50 year old Goldberg get his skull smashed, like Orton, to sell a video game I'm never buying.

If WWE cared about ratings or subscribers, they would build there current talent, but they aren't so this match entirely has to do with that game.

Edited by Art Vandelay

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

Damn, Styles nearly broke Ellsworth's neck, with the Clash.

Really?  I though these guys were careful not to injure their "so called" opponents.  I remember when a guy broke Stone 

cold's by doing a crappy version of a tomb stone.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Really?  I though these guys were careful not to injure their "so called" opponents.  I remember when a guy broke Stone 

cold's by doing a crappy version of a tomb stone.  

In wrestling, you're taught to tuck your head in when you're taking a bump, but with the Styles Clash it's the complete opposite, you're suppose to extend your head back. Styles has no control, whether he botches it or not, unless if he loses his footing.

Edited by shiznak

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

In wrestling, you're taught to tuck your head in when you're taking a bump, but with the Styles Clash it's the complete opposite, you're suppose to extend your head back. Styles has no control, whether he botches it or not, unless if he loses his footing.

How is his opponent supposed to wrestle the next night and so on if Styles keeps injuring guys like that?  

Just now, Alflives said:

How is his opponent supposed to wrestle the next night and so on if Styles keeps injuring guys like that?  

The Styles Clash is a fairly safe move, no more dangerous than a superkick or powerbomb. Like I said, it's the opponents fault if it's botched or not. He's been doing this move for 15 years, and only has seriously injured one wrestler, who happens to have wrestled in WWE before (Yoshi Tatsu). 

Paige isn't throwing her career away, She took Pain Killers because she's having issues with her neck - She was/is supposed to have surgery, apparently she had doctors permission and WWE still decided to nail her to the wail.

At this point. F'em, She and Del Rio will make more on the indies and will be happier.

Goldberg was $&!#, and is $&!#.

I would have been alot more excited for Kurt Angle. 

Brock & Goldberg don't give 2 $&!#s about wwe, its fans, or putting on a good show. They just want to do their jobs, take their $$ and leave.

&^@#'em both.

Damn Ellsworth almost got hurt bad. Don't tuck your head in on a styles clash. 

These lines made me laugh so hard. Mauro is awesome:

"this match is hotter than a Samsung Galaxy Note 7"

"OMG he killed Kenny!" (After Ziggler superkicked Kenny)

Edited by Madness
  • Upvote 1