The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Reasonable Doubt - 5.5/10.

Saw the description and thought it would similar to changing lanes. Okay movie.

The Counselor (2013) - 5/10.

Didn't really like it. Really thought it would be better.

Edited by Madness

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10

An absolute must watch.

There's something about the X-Men that is far more endearing than most superhero movies. It's a real shame that they ruined X-Men 3 though. But hey, they can always reboot the whole Phoenix angle again.

Dead Man Down - 5/10

Wasn't expecting much, so I give it a passing grade. Mostly what props the movie up to "watchable" is the stellar cast. Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace, and Terence Howard do everything they can with their roles. Only reason why this is even close to watchable, IMO.

Edited by Monty

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009 version) - 3/10

This was just downright terrible. The 3 points are for: James Gandolfini, Luis Guzman, and for being less then 2 hours long. Just crap.

Edited by Monty

I was waiting for that to happen and was also pleasantly surprised when it didn't.

you're being very forgiving. the movie literally ends with them cuddling and watching a sunset together, doesn't it?

that's one epilogue away from a wedding ceremony as far as i'm concerned

you're being very forgiving. the movie literally ends with them cuddling and watching a sunset together, doesn't it?

that's one epilogue away from a wedding ceremony as far as i'm concerned

You can sit together and talk to female friends about relationships, life etc without it being romantic/sexual FYI.

Regardless I was happy to see the film makers not "slap you in the face" with it as so many tend to do.

Edited by J.R.

If I remember correctly, they are just standing a few steps from each other being lost in the sunset. If that's what you count as cuddling, I'll make sure to stay away at least 10 feet for your comfort

i havent seen it since it came out, but i thought she had her head on his shoulder and all of that. maybe i'm mistaken, either way i thought the ending was totally safe and conventional. yall just trippin

Liked the new Xmen movie, hadn't seen many of the previous films so don't know how much I missed out on. 8/10. Loved the scene with the super fast guy (sorry nerds, don't know his name) when he is running around the walls.

I also liked their Richard Nixon.

quicksilver

also DOFP-9.5/10

• Upvote 1

i havent seen it since it came out, but i thought she had her head on his shoulder and all of that. maybe i'm mistaken, either way i thought the ending was totally safe and conventional. yall just trippin

I'm not saying it was some innovative, other-worldly ending. I was just glad we didn't get beaten over the head with the stereotypical "they get together after all happy ending".

Jonze left it open where it's certainly plausible they could but they could just as easily simply continue to be friends. He respected my intelligence that I didn't need to be spoon-fed the "happy ending we're all expecting" and that their relationship would evolve naturally from that point, romantically or not.

It was a minor point but I liked it.

Edited by J.R.

Non-Stop 5/10

Typical Liam Neeson action flick. Why Julliane Moore is in this movie at all is beyond me, her character seemed like it was created just to get another A lister in the film. Everything she did could have been easily done by the underused Lupita Nyongo's character, or any other random passenger.

Very generic, but watchable

Yeah, it wasn't terrific; however, I got something out of it in the end, so it was worth it.

Haven't seen Filth, but Trance was awful; and I really like Danny Boyle.

I didn't like Trance either. But Rosario Dawson almost made sitting through it all worthwhile....

I'm actually really back-and-forth on Boyle. He makes amazing sci-fi/horror (Sunshine, 28 Days Later) and really good dark comedies (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting), but I'm pretty ambivalent about his oscar-baity stuff (127 Hours, Slumdog Millionaire). And his high-concept thrillers are terrible (Trance, The Beach).