The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

About a Boy was definitely his best.

But usually he seems to be able to elevate his material. A good example of this is Music & Lyrics, which by all accounts should have sucked, and yet ended up being quite enjoyable. He was also the best thing about Bridget Jones's Diary, and Four Weddings and a Funeral.

whaaaaaaaaa

i had the option of watching this or staring at the back of a headrest on a plane. after 35 minutes, i chose the headrest

Not terrible in Notting Hill either. As far as modern RomCom's go it's one of the more watchable to be forced to sit down to :lol:

Just remembered another decent Hugh Grant rom-com, Notting Hill. Not terrible.

Is this thing on? :P

Guest Gumballthechewy

Well that 1-1...anybody want to be the tie breaker? :lol:

Go see it yourself and you be the tie breaker.

"Rush" 9/10

I loved it. The era, the cars, the sounds. Extremely fun, stylish movie.

Watched it last night and LOVED it. Great story, acting, casting, drama, action/races, scenery/cinematography, audio/sound effects, women...

If you haven't seen it, do it!

9/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_u3FODrenM

And man that final race scene (especially) with the engines, the atmosphere the water/spray in the surrounds.... That is some straight up demo material :shock::wub:

Edited by J.R.

Ghost Dog - 9/10

Such a great watch. Forrest Whitaker has always played quiet, calm characters better than any other actor, IMO. Not a fan of Jim Jarmush films, not one bit. However, Ghost Dog is truly worth the watch. After watching a slew of completely average to terrible films, got back into a groove recently with Aditya Pretty Things and Ghost Dog. Next on the list is Hotel Rwanda.

Edited by Monty

District b13 - 7/10

This is the original French movie that Brick Mansions is based on. Pretty cheesy but the action scenes were awesome. Lots of parkour.

Yeah, as far as cheesy B-movie action flicks go, this is one of the better ones.

watched Sinister again always good for a scare 8/10 almost perfect if it weren't for the typical horror movie clichés which they did manage to keep to a minimum

excited for Godzilla in D-Box saw my first D-Box movie when i went to see Captain America the Winter Soldier was an amazing experience the seat shaking and moving up and down i fully recommend to try it out