The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Haha... Kula Shaker takes me back. Want their only hit a Deep Purple cover?

Thanks for the tip on the movie. Did you ever see Burke & Hare? One of Pegg's better recent offerings.

In the middle of watching Burke & Hare right now. I'll keep you posted.

Her (2013):

Wonderful. Just wonderful. Touching, funny, and even heartbreaking at times, Spike Jonze hits this romantic drama right out of the park. The cinematography and use of colours in this film is fantastic, the music suits the film perfectly, and the acting is f---ing magnificent. Joaquin Phoenix's performance is relatable, but we also pity him and are thankful we aren't in his position. Its premise is set in a very plausible future and the film really gets you thinking. What makes a relationship a relationship? Can we share emotions with artificial intelligence? Highly recommend seeing this picture.

A

9/10

Blow- 9/10...

Depp, fat guy from remember the titans... penelope cruz......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so fine mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Great soundtrack, music was top notch, acting superb, excellent movie.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: IMAX 3D- 10/10

This movie was awesome, it didn't even feel like 2 hours 30 min. I was into from start to finish, I might be a little biased because Spider-Man is my favourite superhero. It had fantastic action, cool 3D, awesome villains, great chemistry, and a good story. I can't wait for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 to come out now!!

i agree fully .. i went with 5 of my buds and I loved it .. maybe one of my fave superhero movies ;. 4 out of my 5 friends hated it .. just hated it .. shows you how different peoples tastes are .

Heavenly Creatures 6.5/10

Decent flick, didn't live up to the expectations I had set for it though. It's well done and well acted, but perhaps just not my cup of tea.

Interesting to see Jackson in his post Bad Taste, pre LOTR phase, though.

The story it's based on is, however, fascinating. I enjoyed researching that more than the movie itself, tbh.

Edited by kodos

who is the villain in the new spider man, anyway?

loved the comics as a kid, but couldn't stand that last movie. among the few who actually liked that toby maguire, or whatever his name is, as parker

Yeah, just the thought if them "rebooting" the stories so soon has always annoyed me.

Not to mention that the first one paled in comparison to the first 2 Raimi films. And the reviews on this one are even worse than the first.

Yeah, just the thought if them "rebooting" the stories so soon has always annoyed me.

Not to mention that the first one paled in comparison to the first 2 Raimi films. And the reviews on this one are even worse than the first.

That's how I feel about it. They rebooted the series after 5 years, which for me, is just way too soon to watch. At least when Nolan rebooted Batman, there was an 8 year between his and the unwatchable Batman & Robin. Though, if I were a studio executive, I would reboot whatever I could, as long as it was guaranteed money; so I understand why it was done.

Tangled - 8/10 songs, for the most part, are good, interesting story, a couple good jokes. My daughter's favorite and most watched (cause it's on the DVR :P)

Frozen- 9.5/10 every song is great, story is amazing, funny, touching, the best Disney Princess movie to date.

The Princess and the Frog - 7.5/10 - better than i thought it would be (as 2-D Disney movies were getting horrendous before that), songs were good, animation was good, i didn't think Disney still had it in them to make a decent 2-d animated movie.

basically, my daughter dictates my movie watching :P

I also snuck in the hangover 3 while Jade slept, WAY better than part 2, just shy of part 1, a solid 8.

Kill Bill (Part 1 & 2) - 6/10 I remember liking this a lot more 10 years ago. It's still good and worth watching, but definitely not Tarantino's best work. I guess it's worth watching if you haven't seen it before, and I have fond memories of watching this with friends in university, so that's partly why I decided to watch it again. Part 1 & 2 are definitely different films with completely different pacing and tones, which is nice. If Part 2 was exactly the same as Part 1, the film as a whole would have been tiresome. Otherwise, nothing special.

That's how I feel about it. They rebooted the series after 5 years, which for me, is just way too soon to watch. At least when Nolan rebooted Batman, there was an 8 year between his and the unwatchable Batman & Robin. Though, if I were a studio executive, I would reboot whatever I could, as long as it was guaranteed money; so I understand why it was done.

Sony would have lost the rights to Spider-Man had they had not made another movie. Since the first trilogy ended their only option was to pretty much reboot the Spider-Man franchise. I'm pretty sure that's why Spider-Man received a very quick reboot.

Kill Bill (Part 1 & 2) - 6/10 I remember liking this a lot more 10 years ago. It's still good and worth watching, but definitely not Tarantino's best work. I guess it's worth watching if you haven't seen it before, and I have fond memories of watching this with friends in university, so that's partly why I decided to watch it again. Part 1 & 2 are definitely different films with completely different pacing and tones, which is nice. If Part 2 was exactly the same as Part 1, the film as a whole would have been tiresome. Otherwise, nothing special.

good grief, sometimes you make me so mad, Monty

good grief, sometimes you make me so mad, Monty

Hey, a 6/10 is a passing grade in my book. Good enough to watch, and good enough to rewatch. I'm just critical of the movies I watch. I won't give it an 8 or 9 out of 10, because it isn't near perfect. There are revenge films, as well as martial arts films, that are better then Kill Bill. I like Tarantino, I do. But it is not his best work. In fact, I would say that it is arguably his worst film.

Jackie Brown? Deathrpoof? Django? all better than Kill Bill?

actually I havent seen Jackie Brown since it came out, I have no idea if its good or not

I did say "arguably his worst." And again, a 6/10 isn't bad. Anything over 5 is worth watching in my books. I actually just watched Jackie Brown yesterday, and I have always thought it was incredibly underrated. Comparing revenge films, Django is a hell of a good time. Not only that, but Sam Jackson finally gets some screen time, rather then a cameo role. As for Death Proof, I might be the only person I know that really loved it. I'm a big Kurt Russell fan, and love old style car chase films (anything from the 60s/70s). To me, Death Proof was such a great love letter to those. It was very talky, and could have been 15-20 minutes shorter, but I still love it.

Hey, a 6/10 is a passing grade in my book. Good enough to watch, and good enough to rewatch. I'm just critical of the movies I watch. I won't give it an 8 or 9 out of 10, because it isn't near perfect. There are revenge films, as well as martial arts films, that are better then Kill Bill. I like Tarantino, I do. But it is not his best work. In fact, I would say that it is arguably his worst film.

You're making me want to re-watch them....quite enjoyed them at the time.

I'm not a huge Kill Bill fan, but it's certainly many different kinds of better than DeathProof, lol.

I didn't like Kill Bill much at first viewing, but i appreciated it a lot more watching it years later. I think they're pretty overrated, but still a more than worthy pair of movies