The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

New Year's Eve - 0/10?

I was busy working, so my wife watched this on her own. She usually gravitates toward 'chick flicks'. And when it was done, she said: "That had to be the worst movie I've EVER seen".

So I think a zero is a fair guess.

Edited by D-Money

New Year's Eve - 0/10?

I was busy working, so my wife watched this on her own. She usually gravitates toward 'chick flicks'. And when it was done, she said: "That had to be the worst movie I've EVER seen".

hope she's pretty?

So I actually watched Take Shelter for a second time, as I couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm right there with you, easily my favourite film since 2010 onwards. Not only that, I am seriously considering vaulting it into my top 5 of all time. Such a real film. The problems Shannon and Chastain run into is no different then those we would. The issues that Shannon has to deal with were handled expertly. Other films in the past have either downright botched those with

mental illness

. Or, they have not done proper reseach. Not in this case at all. In a lot of films, they are so "talky" that you can see the screenwriter patting himself/herself on the back for being so clever because of their dialogue; not so with this. It's imperative that you pay attention to what is going on, because of the subtleties, but the characters are real people who have real conversations (I'm looking at you Juno). Such a powerful film.

haha, ya. i've actually seen it 4 or 5 times now (usually from making others watch it), and despite it being kind of slow, i find it totally engaging each time.

New Year's Eve - 0/10?

She clearly hasn't seen Norbit, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, or Battlefield Earth, then.

just saw Godzilla

9/10 for me almost 10/10 if it weren't for the flat characters and brutal acting not by Bryan of course but his Son and even some minor characters in this film just felt lifeless and pointless to even be there

i appreciate a story and the whole human element but felt like they pushed that more than Godzilla himself but i can forgive it because the times he was on screen it was pure epicness

just saw Godzilla

9/10 for me almost 10/10 if it weren't for the flat characters and brutal acting not by Bryan of course but his Son and even some minor characters in this film just felt lifeless and pointless to even be there

i appreciate a story and the whole human element but felt like they pushed that more than Godzilla himself but i can forgive it because the times he was on screen it was pure epicness

I disagree with your comments on the acting, as do many critics. Elizabeth Olsen was very good, so was Aaron Johnson. But its opinion I guess.

I disagree with your comments on the acting, as do many critics. Elizabeth Olsen was very good, so was Aaron Johnson. But its opinion I guess.

Cranston was the best actor by far but I was expecting that.

But who goes to see a Godzilla movie for the acting? lol probably not very many people

Just watched The Place Beyond The Pines..

8/10

the-place-beyond-the-pines-free-preview-

I remember when this was in theaters, but I had no idea what it was about. I judged it based on the cover and thought the movie would suck. I noticed it was free on demand today and just randomly ordered it without reading the description.

What a great flick! It was kind of nice not knowing the plot because I was thrown off several times with the direction of the movie. Highly recommend it.

I must be the last person in North America to have seen this viral video for last year's remake of Carrie. It is hilarious. I've watched it like 20-30 times because I just love the reactions they got from the people who they pranked.... lol