The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Mike Nichols, director and regular collaborator with Jack Nicholson, died today. Not really a name I'll particularly miss, but he's got a decent resume.

Director of:

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?

The Graduate

Carnal Knowledge

Wolf

Birdcage

Closer

Charlie Wilson's War

Edited by GLASSJAW

Mike Nichols, director and regular collaborator with Jack Nicholson, died today. Not really a name I'll particularly miss, but he's got a decent resume.

Director of:

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?

The Graduate

Carnal Knowledge

Wolf

Birdcage

Closer

Charlie Wilson's War

Closer is one of my favourite films of the 2000s.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 -- 10/10

Awesome enough. Hoffman looks quite different for this movie, fatter and far more pale. I dunno if that's just his character or if there was something going on with his physique during the shooting I wonder if graphics editing was used for Peeta at one point in the movie or if he slimmed down for it. Time really flew so while I was initially irritated that they split this part into two, I think for story's sake it was a good idea. I actually figured, though, the movie would cut off a little ways further than it did.

Look forward to the second part. Horrible Bosses 2 next week. Despite a crap ton of people playing, I actually got first in the TimePlay app thing the theatres do just before the previews start. I didn't know any of the answers, I just got extremely lucky.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

great news for cinema fans: angelina jolie is retiring from acting

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11247800/Angelina-Jolie-confirms-plan-to-retire-from-acting.html

unfortunately she's aiming to take up directing, but this is at least a step in the right direction

what a terrible series of movies she's been in for almost 15 years.

Edited by GLASSJAW

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11247800/Angelina-Jolie-confirms-plan-to-retire-from-acting.html

unfortunately she's aiming to take up directing, but this is at least a step in the right direction

I seriously doubt this happens. I remember Brad Pitt saying the exact same thing about 4-5 years ago, that he was going to retire from acting at the age of 50. Didn't happen. We'll be seeing her boney ass on screen for years to come. Edited by Monty

Edge of tomorrow - Just barely 7/10 verging on 6.5.

Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers. It was reasonably entertaining action/sci-fi and Cruise does his usual solid work in the lead with Blunt adequately co-starring. It's entertaining but somehow feels like it should have been "more" when it's all said and done. Good premise that seems like it missed an opportunity to become a great movie for the genre.

Certainly watchable and fun but nothing terribly memorable or thought provoking either.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, she's a decent actor.