The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

30 Minutes or less- 8/10

Enjoyable, thought all the actors were perfect for their respective roles.

American Psycho- 9/10

Great Movie, I cannot honestly see anyone else doing as well of a job as Christian Bale did in his role, truly messed up.

I highly recommend American Psycho to anyone who hasn't seen it. (which many have)

I recommend 30 mins or less when you've got some time to kill, but don't go out of your way to watch it or anything.

Pacific Rim: 10/10

Oh my god, i went in just expecting a whatever movie with some good entertainment. I even went with my bubdy and his girlfriend since i had nothing better to do.. lmao.

But yeah it was a fantastic movie.. It was cheesy at some parts, but whatever. The fact that the movie didn't have many relevant cast members and that it didn't go all hollywood made it even better.

How did you see it as it's recommended to watch it in IMAX? Another post production 3D conversion failure as far as I'm concerned. I saw it in 'regular' 3D and hated the visuals overall as anything in front was semi clear and anything in the background was washed out.

Not a bad movie but when they lead up to certain obstacles and then dropped them like a hot potato it just ended up as blah.

6.5 outa 10

Sorry, I didn't see your comment earlier, but I did see it in IMAX and it was fantastic.

The visuals weren't mind blowing like Life of Pi, but it showed the scope and scale of everything very well. You actually felt intimidated by the Kaiju and it made the Pilots being jerked around in the cockpit a lot more visceral.

Edited by Bitter Melon

Watched a ton this past week

World War Z

7/10- expected more, didn't really like the ending

White House Down

6.5/10- Alright but very unrealistic... or maybe just because Olympus has fallen was so good.

I also had a movie marathon with my girl... But unfortunately I had to leave before The Notebook :rolleyes:

She's all that

5/10- Watched this as a kid on tv a couple of times. Typical teen movie.

10 things I hate about you

6.5/10- Same as above, but more realistic I guess

Goon

8.5/10- Had a 80's slapstick type of vibe... At first I thought it was downright stupid until I realized what kind of movie it was. Plus, it was a good break from the teen movies...

A walk to remember

8/10- Watched bits and pieces of it as a kid on tv, expected it to be more like the other teen movies but it was actually pretty sad.

And after all that I couldn't help myself from watching "Not another teen movie"

5/10- typical parody movie. A lot of the parts were true though

How did you see it as it's recommended to watch it in IMAX? Another post production 3D conversion failure as far as I'm concerned. I saw it in 'regular' 3D and hated the visuals overall as anything in front was semi clear and anything in the background was washed out.

Not a bad movie but when they lead up to certain obstacles and then dropped them like a hot potato it just ended up as blah.

6.5 outa 10

I hate 3d with a passion. Can't even get used to the regular one I tried seeing world war z and it was pointless. The fact that 3d focuses more on the action or just the overall effects in the movie is not my cup of tea.

I hate 3d with a passion. Can't even get used to the regular one I tried seeing world war z and it was pointless. The fact that 3d focuses more on the action or just the overall effects in the movie is not my cup of tea.

I hate 3D too and try to avoid it if I can but it's not always possible. I saw Oz, the Great and Powerful in 3D and thought that that was pretty decent visually. Despicable Me 2 was surprisingly bad in 3D.

Battle Royale- 8.5/10

Such a great movie!

I watched a 2002 movie called Spun last night - 7.5/10

Weird hyperactive movie about a group of meth heads, like a cross between Requiem for a Dream + Trainspotting. Crazy cast of characters/actors - Jason Schwartzman, John Leguizamo, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke. Bunch of cameos too, Rob Halford, Debbie Harry, Ron Jeremy. It was weird but worthwhile.

oh, and I also re-watched the first two of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy recently, in preparation for World's End.

Shaun of the Dead - 8/10

Hot Fuzz - 9/10

SotD is possibly the better movie from a film-making point of view, the writing is ridiculously tight and the pacing never stops moving upwards. I think I'm just weird and like the way HF screws with the viewer, switching genres and playing with the pace every now and then. Regardless I've got my fingers crossed that WE can pull off a perfect 10/10 score.

Pacific Rim: 9/10

This Is The End: 7/10

PR: great graphics, thought the shifting scenes didn't kill any of the captivating elements of the movie, asian star actress is the icing on the cake

TITE: had some really hilarious moments, some boring parts that weren't so enjoyable

oh, and I also re-watched the first two of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy recently, in preparation for World's End.

Shaun of the Dead - 8/10

Hot Fuzz - 9/10

SotD is possibly the better movie from a film-making point of view, the writing is ridiculously tight and the pacing never stops moving upwards. I think I'm just weird and like the way HF screws with the viewer, switching genres and playing with the pace every now and then. Regardless I've got my fingers crossed that WE can pull off a perfect 10/10 score.

Edgar Wright makes pure gold.

Scott Pilgram vs. The World is pure pure gold.

Charlie Hunnam (sons of anarchy) is good enough!

Honestly I haven't seen the show so I wouldn't know. Acting was great in it... im not complaining. I'm the type of guy that likes to see a few of my favourite actors though in movies. This was the best movie I had seen in a while.

I would have liked... Toby maguire or Jared Leto would have been great main actors. As for the Chinese girl... they needed her to be foreign... so it made sense. Wish they made her a little more appealing though. Or used an African American or Arab or someone else... either of those would have worked.

Again that being said I loved the movie. Would 100% recommend it. Just a little criticism.

Honestly I haven't seen the show so I wouldn't know. Acting was great in it... im not complaining. I'm the type of guy that likes to see a few of my favourite actors though in movies. This was the best movie I had seen in a while.

I would have liked... Toby maguire or Jared Leto would have been great main actors. As for the Chinese girl... they needed her to be foreign... so it made sense. Wish they made her a little more appealing though. Or used an African American or Arab or someone else... either of those would have worked.

Again that being said I loved the movie. Would 100% recommend it. Just a little criticism.

I gotta disagree with you on that. I don't think those actors would have fit the role at all. Charlie Hunnam did a fantastic job. Also, what the hell are you talking about with the girl not being "appealing" enough? They used a Japanese actress because the character was Japanese. She wasn't supposed to be a sex symbol or eye candy either, so they're not going to rewrite the character because some guy might not find Asians attractive.