The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Malholtra will miss remainder of the season.

AriGold

Unfortunate, but this scenario works best for both sides.

Manny just have another child born, so this will give him lots of free time to spend with his family, something most athlete don't have during their career. Plus he still gets paid, which is always nice.

The Canucks can now free a roster spot and save some money on the cap.

Since he's not retiring, he'll still be part of the team and his name will be engraved on the Stanley Cup later this year :towel:

I'm sure he'll be still close to the locker room for the rest of this season. My concern is if Manny still thinks he can play regardless of what Gillis or the rest of the Canucks organization thinks. He's only 32 right now, and besides failing a medical exam nothing can stop him from trying to sign elsewhere this summer to resume his playing career if he wants too. I'm sure he'll be hush about it now but something tells me he'll want to still play.

Part of me wants to be wrong and hope he stays with the Canucks in some capacity, but I don't want him to stay because someone else told him his career is over. If Manny has accepted that he can't be an effective player then stay. Otherwise I hope a freak injury isn't a premature end to his career.

Listened to Gillis on the team regarding Manny.

Mike made a hard decision and one he knows all too well as his career ended with injury.

Best to Manny and kudo's to the GM for how he handled the entire affair.

I think the GM was extremely cognisant of Manny as a pro and patient / fair to Manny and for that I will give MG two thumbs up.

Even if you didn't care for Manny, is it right to rip on everyone in here who does? It's extremely understandable to get attached to a player so full of class, who battled back through a freak injury, only to have his childhood dream shut down. The whole Malhotra saga has made the fanbase love him, and he was cemented in our hearts with the unbelievable SCF return.

You don't have to care, but at least show some respect to those that do.

He won't be on LTI unless we go for a trade. By the way this now gives us at this moment 3.35 Million in cap space, with Ebbett, Weise, Barker, and Alberts all could be traded or whatever and we would almost have enough for Lecavelier BEFORE we make a deal invloving Luongo.

Absolutely heartbreaking news for Manny and for the Canucks

You can feel the emotion and devastation behind this decision.

But Manny is a valuable asset on any team and in any role. Even if he's not on the ice, he'll still bring a huge amount to the team.

Good luck Manny. Best wishes to you.

Even if you didn't care for Manny, is it right to rip on everyone in here who does? It's extremely understandable to get attached to a player so full of class, who battled back through a freak injury, only to have his childhood dream shut down. The whole Malhotra saga has made the fanbase love him, and he was cemented in our hearts with the unbelievable SCF return.

You don't have to care, but at least show some respect to those that do.

Archived