The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Perhaps. I wouldn't be against it completely. Although Goc is very underrated and a great shutdown guy, for right now, this run, I'll take Goc.

Alright, in certain cases I agree, in the case of Larsson/Petrovic I disagree, Larsson is one of those guys that only come along every 3-5 years.

Its not a big deal though.

Why is everyone talking about Larsson all of a sudden? Was there a rumor about NJ or something.

Also, if Florida is willing to trade for Luongo, we're gonna have to take a cap dump back. There's no way around it. It's gonna either be Upshall or Kuba. Ballard would likely have to be traded for some 4th line depth or picks.

But hopefully will allow us to get a good package of Bjugstad, Goc or Matthias, and a top 6. I like Fleischmann or Kopecky. Kopecky brings that feisty pest mentality that we could use.

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Kopecky

Booth Kesler Kopecky/Burrows

Raymond Matthias Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Kuba Tanev

Schneider

Nabokov

Believe it or not that lineup uses up the same amount of cap as the one we have now.

Yeah I wasn't refering to that, but I will play along.

Scouting and the draft isn't entirely a crapshoot, it is an inexact science, you are just banking on predictions and projections on what you think these young guys might become, there are alot of uncontrollable variables. There are times where you just flat out make bad picks but alot of the time you pick players that just don't pan out, thats the way it is. Thats the way it is for everyone.

From 97 to 08 (the last 12 years we can basically accurately project now) We have had 3 years where we have drawn complete blanks and got no one of significance that ever had any prolonged NHL career. Not good.

But in the other 9 years we have gotten atleast 1 player and in most cases more than one that has had/is having a prolonged career.

Like I said earlier if you get 2-3 players that have NHL careers you should be pretty happy, anything more is an outstanding year. And I think you should get atleast 1 player out of each year.

Our's hasn't been great, but circumstances have to be considered aswell. Late 90's/early 2000's up until 03 were not particularly good draft years, and we have been picking later in the rounds for most of the 2000's.

I agree ours hasn't been great, we have blow alot of picks and blown some entire drafts, but at the same point we have had some really good years.

So its not great at all, but hey I think we could have a little done worse. We have done well enough to sustain the franchise and having talent. So whatever, I think we just need to focus on were we are now.

Kuba would more or less bring what Salo brought. Steady veteran defender, who has proven he can put up big points on skilled teams.

Kopecky would bring what Samuelsson brought. Feisty two way player that has underrated skill. If Samuelsson can put up 30 with the Sedins, I think Kopecky could. He's not afraid to get in players faces either.

Matthias, would basically just be a younger bigger version of Malhotra in his prime. Not as good in the faceoff circle obviously, but he's decent.

Adding those two would also mean we'd have a 6'3"+ player on three of our four lines.

Archived