The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NYR Owner a true D-bag

Armada

We said “reportedly” quite a bit in the preceding paragraphs, because those that like to keep their jobs won’t go on record to call out the Knick owner. Which leaves James having to find new and upsetting ways of canning his employees, however briefly. Here’s another “reportedly,” from The New York Post:

Dolan, 57, was walking into the exclusive club during Sunday’s Knick game against the Boston Celtics when security guard Fiordaliza Hernandez asked him for his ID — which he never wears, sources said.

Instead of laughing it off, Dolan snapped, “Do you know who I am?”

The startled security guard admitted she didn’t.

Then Dolan demanded, “How long have you worked here?”

Three years, the guard said.

“I’m your boss! I pay your salary!” Dolan shot back.

But rules are rules — and Dolan didn’t show his ID, so Hernandez refused to let him in, sources said.

That’s when Dolan became so angry he yelled: “Give me your ID! You’re fired!”

“I have to get new security in this building! I have idiots working here!” Dolan ranted, sources said.

Should be an interesting lawsuit......if the security guard followed procedures there are grounds for a big suit there......:) I hope the guy gets taken to the cleaners.

It would be even sweeter if on the way our of court after being awarded a huge settlement the security guard says, "Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who punk'd your arrogant ass. Now you have to pay me and I don't even work for you...."

Archived