The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Signings

The Anaheim Ducks have signed Mario Bliznak to a 3 year, $700,000 per year contract

The Anaheim Ducks have signed Brett Festerling to a 2 year, $750,000 per year contract

The Anaheim Ducks have signed Nick Bonino to a 2 year, $900,000 per year contract

The Anaheim Ducks have signed Brian Gionta to a 1 year, $3,000,000 contract

The Detroit Red Wings have signed Alexei Ponikarovsky to a 1 year, $750,000 contract

The Calgary Flames have signed Jay Harrison to a 1 year, $900,000 contract

Very pleased by the Sharks effort from yesterdays game. Bolland with OT winner to complete the hattrick being a +4, Wideman 3 assists, Cheechoo & Parenteau each with multiple points, and in overall, a great all around game by the whole team. Numerous players contributed and got rewarded on the scoresheet.

Hope this can be the team trend in the regular season and avoiding injuries, can lead us to the playoffs. Also, 1st line never put up any points so that's something to look ahead for. Shows how well of secondary scoring we have scoring 5 goals without the 1st line of Bouchard-Couture-Williams producing.

Don't know why Peters was on the big club, but I guess that is a sign I should leave him there. Lack will start the Season in the AHL after a disappointing pre season. Hopefully he will help push Binghamton into the playoffs.

Cheechoo leading the pre-season in goals.. 2005 called and wants there scorer back..

In other news, Kris Versteeg was OTB but with 10 points in the pre season and his chemistry with 2 swedes Franzen and Andersson he won't be traded. Ryan O'Rilley has made the top line with Zetterberg and Malkin. He's not producing point wise but must create the space because Malkin has 10 points in 7 games and Z had 6 in 7 games..

Jamie McBain is OTB he didn't make the club this year because its a log jam on defense. Looking for a good swedish prospect for him or a 1st round pick.

Odd preseason.

Horton, Kopitar, Seguin, Krejci, Read--all with the worst plus minus ratings on team.

Rosen, Slepyshev, Rodin with the best.

Opening line up likely to look like:

Seguin - Kopitar - Horton

Niederreiter - Krejci - Read

Slepyshev - Rosen - Rodin

Kelly - Peverly - Mitchell

Hamilton - Chara

Larsen - Zanon

Boychuk - Chudinov

Rask

Subban

Don't know why Peters was on the big club, but I guess that is a sign I should leave him there. Lack will start the Season in the AHL after a disappointing pre season. Hopefully he will help push Binghamton into the playoffs.

I put him there cause Lack was injured/exhausted and wasn't able to go the next game

Cheechoo leading the pre-season in goals.. 2005 called and wants there scorer back..

In other news, Kris Versteeg was OTB but with 10 points in the pre season and his chemistry with 2 swedes Franzen and Andersson he won't be traded. Ryan O'Rilley has made the top line with Zetterberg and Malkin. He's not producing point wise but must create the space because Malkin has 10 points in 7 games and Z had 6 in 7 games..

Jamie McBain is OTB he didn't make the club this year because its a log jam on defense. Looking for a good swedish prospect for him or a 1st round pick.

Cheechoo the steal of the offseason!

Cheechoo still at 89 SC?

Cheechoo's ratings are the most fracked up thing I've ever seen

I wanted to make things interesting, + I've always felt bad for Cheechoo, lol.

Awful reasoning, lol.

Fantasy hockey is supposed to be fun, being anal and realistic in a league based on the STHS system(Which we all know works "wonderfully" sometimes: See Shane Doans 118 pts) is just silly, if you want realism, well, thats what keeper leagues are for. lol

:P

Archived