The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman - Do not expect big changes - TEAM1040

VoiceOfReason_

Offers were in on Roy, Clowe and Torres.

We got Roy, and we were very close to getting the other two. Had we managed to acquire the other two, I strongly believe our team would've beaten the Sharks and potentially the Kings.

If the team stayed healthy after beating the Sharks, which they would've, the team would look like this

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Zack Kassian

Ryane Clowe-Ryan Kesler-Alex Burrows

Chris Higgins-Derek Roy-Jannick Hansen

Raffi Torres-Maxim Lapierre-David Booth

Weise, Sestito

Dan Hamhius-Kevin Bieksa

Alex Edler-Jason Garrison

Keith Ballard-Chris Tanev

I think we would've beat the reigning Los Angeles Kings in 6 games with a team like that. There's way too much room on that team for different line combos that would make it harder for the Kings to defend against like they usually would.

Offers were in on Roy, Clowe and Torres.

We got Roy, and we were very close to getting the other two. Had we managed to acquire the other two, I strongly believe our team would've beaten the Sharks and potentially the Kings.

If the team stayed healthy after beating the Sharks, which they would've, the team would look like this

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Ryane Clowe

David Booth-Ryan Kesler-Alex Burrows

Chris Higgins-Derek Roy-Jannick Hansen

Raffi Torres-Maxim Lapierre-Mason Raymond

Kassian, Sestito

Dan Hamhius-Kevin Bieksa

Alex Edler-Jason Garrison

Keith Ballard-Chris Tanev

I think we would've beat the reigning Los Angeles Kings in 6 games with a team like that. There's way too much room on that team for different line combos that would make it harder for the Kings to defend against like they usually would.

I don't expect any real changes to be made to this team until ticket sales start to decline. Until then this management group seems to be satisfied with the status quo.

If no major moves are made, Gillis and co are basically saying that the team was good enough and that it was 100% the coaches fault. Which I don't believe for one second.

Thinking that we'll get better by dumping Luongo, Ballard, and Booth, and inserting rookies into the lineup is somehow going to make us a contender is idiotic.

We need two top six forwards (one to play with the Sedins), an entirely new 4th line, and a powerplay QB. And that's just the minimum. I'm losing faith that Gillis will be able to pull this off though.

You guys can't seriously be surprised and actually expected any major changes. Gillis has alot of nerve to send out a letter to Season Ticket Holders and sprew bs that losing in unacceptable, there will be changes, blah blah blah.

Remember when Gillman said at the trade deadline they weren't finished and hoping to make another 1-2 moves and of course nothing else happened.

Typical of Canucks. You can't take them at their word. I expect and hope Gillis makes a bad coaching hire and Canucks get their asses kicked again and miss the playoff altogether in the new re-alignment. The only way to send a message to Aquilini is to hurt him in the pocket book. Don't renew season tickets, stop going to games and buying anything with a Canucks logo on it. It's the only way to send a strong message to ownership and get Gillis out of there. We saw it start during the playoffs with the amount of tickets available and alot of fans uninterested. This needs to continue.

Guys, if your car is sputtering and coughing because it needs an air filter you don't scrap it or replace the entire motor...it's still a perfectly good car.

That's how I feel about thrs team. Give them a chance to work back to where they are capable of being. We were that close and, with some lucky bounces and good officiating, we may have won the cup. You don't start over in that situation for, what you risk and could end up with may send you in the wrong direction. Knowns vs unknowns. We know these guys can play well and be a top team...I'm confident in them. Tinkering, not an overhaul. People here panic and give up too easily

I don't expect any real changes to be made to this team until ticket sales start to decline. Until then this management group seems to be satisfied with the status quo.

If no major moves are made, Gillis and co are basically saying that the team was good enough and that it was 100% the coaches fault. Which I don't believe for one second.

Thinking that we'll get better by dumping Luongo, Ballard, and Booth, and inserting rookies into the lineup is somehow going to make us a contender is idiotic.

We need two top six forwards (one to play with the Sedins), an entirely new 4th line, and a powerplay QB. And that's just the minimum. I'm losing faith that Gillis will be able to pull this off though.

He also "confirmed" the Canucks were going all in this year at the trade deadline and we all know that didn't happen.

Some people here are going off and not being specific.

If you demand "big changes" what are these big changes you are expecting. If you decide ahead of time that you are going to be miserable then you are going to find a way to make it happen.

Instead call your shots on what you realistically think should be done and what comprimises would make you happy instead of a blanket "we gonna suck bad" statement. Anyone can predict that and not own up if wrong.

What a joke, I mean I understand we can not completely change the core up, reason being we will not be an cup contending team if we change it all up, or not at all.

Now it's up to the GM to find the right pieces and fix the core up just enough, to give this team another chance at the cup in the upcoming years.

With Gillis job on the line, I'm sure he will know what to do.

Archived