The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 NHL Draft Steals of All-Time #2

Who is the #2 NHL Draft Steal of ALL-TIME  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*Rule: For a player to be considered, he must have been picked round 4 or higher*

Congrats to The Dominator! He has been named the #1 NHL Draft Steal of All-Time with 47.54% of the vote!

Igor Larionov has been added to the list with 4 nominations.

Who is the #2 Draft Steal of All-Time in the NHL?

Please provide in the thread who you voted for and also who you'd like to nominate next onto the list. Nominated winners will be picked based on highest nominations given in thread, and at the start of every new round, winner of previous rounds will be reveled.

Top 30 NHL Draft Steals of All-Time:

1.) Dominik Hasek

2.)

Voting for good ol Pavel Bure

I would like to know the criteria of what is a 'draft steal'. 3rd round may not be that far down, but getting Nicklas Lidstrom and Patrick Roy down there were massive steals.

If 3rd round is too early, then I nominate Henrik Lundqvist.

Voting for good ol Pavel Bure

I would like to know the criteria of what is a 'draft steal'. 3rd round may not be that far down, but getting Nicklas Lidstrom and Patrick Roy down there were massive steals.

If 3rd round is too early, then I nominate Henrik Lundqvist.

Voted for Larionov.

Nominating Gary Suter.

9th round, 180th overall in the 1984 entry draft (2 spots after the Canucks took Rex Grant). He went on to play 1145 games scoring 203 goals and 642 assists.

An honourable mention should go to Wayne Gretzky. He was undrafted. The WHA snagged him before he was eligible for the NHL draft.

Not sure how Datsyuk/Zetterberg Combo was beaten since that's 2 for 1 action But will vote for them again!

Nominate: Rick Tocchet - Drafted in the 6th round 121st overall 4 seasons of 40+ goals - 952 points in his Career along with almost 3000 penalty minutes!

Voted for the combo package of Datsyuk/Zeddy. Don't think either of these players are there own are better than Bure, but as a combo they sure are. Sticking with the two-way Russian centres who played for the Red Wings theme and nominating Sergie Federov (Drafted in the 4th round).

Voted for Larionov.

Nominating Gary Suter.

9th round, 180th overall in the 1984 entry draft (2 spots after the Canucks took Rex Grant).  He went on to play 1145 games scoring 203 goals and 642 assists.

An honourable mention should go to Wayne Gretzky.  He was undrafted.  The WHA snagged him before he was eligible for the NHL draft.

Yea, unfortunately the cut-off is round 4. Just had to make that decision because generally, anyone picked from rounds 1-3 is considered a player with very good chances to make the NHL and excel above average. After the 3rd round is where I consider someone a steal, but yea - putting away my cut-off, Lidstrom and Roy were steals too.

It would be interesting to do a top list of undrafted players, although Gretz would obviously be number one. More recently Marty St. Louis was also undrafted as was Dan Boyle and Bobrovsky.

Archived