The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2013 Young-Stars Classic Tourney Thread (Sept 5-9)

Squeak

Well I'm going to take a stab at the line up today, based on the players that have been blanked out from the roster page. I could be too early and way off, but:

Jensen - Gaunce -Pacan

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Blomstrand

Hope - Cassels - Myron

Franson - Friesen - Mychan

Andersson - Subban

McEneny - Corrado

Cederholm - Johnston

Corbeil/Cannata

Eriksson

I also factored in some guys that have only played 1 game, and I think that Eriksson gets a rest for this one.

Hunter, Horvat, Gaunce look about 2 years away, no need to rush them... they will have big years this year in Jr.

Not to mention Cassels, Mallet and Lain willprobably be ready in 2 years

Jensen may be ready this year or next

but we risk rushing them and then in 2-3 yrs when we need them they willhave been rushed and will not be ripe

but it will be pretty cool injecting 3 excellent prospects into the line up when Kesler and the Sedins and Burrows will still be usful NHLers.

Watched the SJ/Cgy game and that was pretty good. Close all the way and Granlund was good for Calgary. Good game from both teams but didn't really pick out any individual players that excelled.

I expected more from Baertschi this tournament. He was good the first game but saw little of him tonight.

Similar for SJ, where I thought I'd see better from Hertl and the like, but only Abeltshauser stood out for all the games I saw him in.

Archived