The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bernier to Leafs

The "Veteran" goaltender they have been talking about for the last 2 years.

Glad we aren't making a deal with the Laffs.

Luongo is going somewhere for sure though.

Not until the new coach has been briefed and has seen what he's got.

I am surprised Toronto made this move, did Reimer not solidify his position as the team's number one goaltender?

Now Bernier will be involved in the same scenario he just left, why would either Bernier or Reimer be overly happy at this point ?

To top it off the Leafs move a good forward and Scrivens ( from what i've seen is a great team guy and was a positive to the Leafs goaltending this past season ). Scivens was the guy you needed with Reimer, will push the starter but not be counted on to be starting long term himself. Ideal.

Toronto added a goos " name " in Bernier, a lateral move in net and a negative due to the other assets involved. Bad move Toronto.

Los Angeles just added a very servicable forward, a draft pick and a goaltender suited to being a great team guy / back up.

WIN = Kings.

Well to be honest I never thought that Luongo was going to end up in Toronto anyways. This just eliminates them from contention for lu. He will probably go to either Philly, Florida, or New York Isles.

He'll definitely go to Philly, Florida and Brooklyn next season. I hope he wins all three games too.

so now with toronto out of the picture (thanks mg), either Lu waves to go to NYI (lolz) or philly buys out Bryz's monster contact for a goaltender with another monster contract (lolzer) or florida decides that they'll take Lu for pennies (only realistic end I see here)

could be a comparitive deal that we got Erhoff with.

For god sakes mg just get rid of Lou and cut your losses before its too late

Congratulations on being part of a small group that believes having a gold medal superstar goaltender in the system is a loss.

Winner.

So the Leafs traded their back up, a 2nd, and Frattin for a little bit better of a backup goalie.... Did Nonis even stop to ask himself the most important question in this:

Does this move help put this team into the top 3 in the east? No, it doesn't. But they may have a good asset to flip at the deadline. This is a gamble at best.

All three would love to get their hands on Schneider. Luongo not so much.

Agreed- if we're moving Schneider the list would be longer than these 3. I hope Tortorella can smack some sense into Gillis about moving some of our surplus capacity in goal and on defense. That alone would justify the hire.

I don't understand the trade Schneider crowd's logic. Is Schneider more easy to trade? Yes.

Will we get much for him? No idea.

But that means Luongo is our starter, and Lack is the backup. Are you confident going into the season next year with that tandem?

As professional as Luongo is, don't you think he'd feel kinda resentful that the team has been shopping him all last season?

Archived