The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

Realistically, this makes sense in the short term but I have my doubts that Lou has more than a couple years left in him and then what? Trade Booth and Ballard (even if some money goes with them) and if we can't move Lou in the next year the we can still buy him out. Lou's buyout next year is 4.5 million cheaper than it will be this year so keeping him another year only costs 2.2 million more than what it would cost to buy him out today.

Let's say we send a million per year per player with both Booth and Ballard, I think we can realistically get a second rounder for each and use those 2 picks and our first to move up in the draft.

Is Letang not EXACTLY what this team needs? Puck-moving, bonafide, offensive, right-handed defenseman?

Why in the hell would Luongo no report simply because Schneider was dealt to Florida? He knows his contract sucks, he said it himself. You know nothing.

Do you realize how ridiculous a statement that is? A 50/50 shot? Based on what?

Scouting is not a crap shoot anymore than investing in a company or a stock is. It's based off of expert research and due diligence.

If you draft twice in the 1st round and your expectation is that you will only have one of those players pan out then you are doing it wrong. Your 1st round pick should be a 300+ game player. It is an abject failure if they are not.

Let us all remember one thing AV was the one who chose Schieder over Luongo. That one decision was the start of our problems. Corey sucked in the LA series and Sucked this year against the sharks. Looking back at the regular season both years, Luongo was arguably the better of the two tenders and he handled the situation in a fantastic way. Now that AV is gone I am sure Luongo is fine with being the starter and well he should have been all year. Corey will fetch this team the pieces for the future and that is what this aging team needs. I can see the oilers, flames, avs, islanders, the darkhorse devils and flyers all in on this one and I ultimately think corey is going to Edmonton for something like Gagner, or Yak + a first rounder. I also strongly belive that Ballard will be involved in a deal with the oilers

I would not make a big deal out of that article. Teams listen to every offer. And them admitting that often leads to this kind of speculation.

Trading Schneider would be a terrible move. Luongo does not have what it takes, and the scrutiny would be bigger than ever. Would we really let a proven choke take the reigns for another 1, 2, 3+ years until Lack is ready?

I certainly hope not.

During our run we had a great roster, including stellar defense. When push came to shove Lu didn't just get beat - he got destroyed. As did we in front of him. His time is up.

because outside of Jensen and Gaunce gillis had such a stellar track record drafting for us ;)

Increase the odds, 2 first round picks this year are better than one if they're not in the top three.

My opinion and the evidence speaks for itself in regards to drafting

Let us all remember one thing AV was the one who chose Schieder over Luongo. That one decision was the start of our problems. Corey sucked in the LA series and Sucked this year against the sharks. Looking back at the regular season both years, Luongo was arguably the better of the two tenders and he handled the situation in a fantastic way.

because outside of Jensen and Gaunce gillis had such a stellar track record drafting for us ;)

Increase the odds, 2 first round picks this year are better than one if they're not in the top three.

My opinion and the evidence speaks for itself in regards to drafting

This whole debacle will go down as Gillis' legacy in Vancouver.

What a mess. I've been a supporter of Gillis up until now, but this is ridiculous. Gillis should have seen the coming a year ago, or at the very least, when the new cba was agreed upon.

I would not make a big deal out of that article. Teams listen to every offer. And them admitting that often leads to this kind of speculation.

Trading Schneider would be a terrible move. Luongo does not have what it takes, and the scrutiny would be bigger than ever. Would we really let a proven choke take the reigns for another 1, 2, 3+ years until Lack is ready?

I certainly hope not.

During our run we had a great roster, including stellar defense. When push came to shove Lu didn't just get beat - he got destroyed. As did we in front of him. His time is up.

Archived