The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

we are against the cap and now we are going to be moving the cheaper goalie? how does that help us? now we are stuck with the same goalie who never got it done for us and less room to improve the team infront of him....i think it should be even more embarrassing for Lu seeing is how no one wants him and no other GM in the league thinks he is worth his pay check.

That is awful, and barely even a win for us. We give Oilers, a division rival, what might be one of the last pieces for them to become a successful team. And IMO, it's way too early to give up on Kassian, we all saw what he could do with the Sedins at the beginning of the season, until AV demoted him for some reason. Sure Yakupov has elite talent, and Kassian will probably never produce more points than him, but IF he reaches his power-forward potential, he could become more valuable to the Oilers than Yakupov, considering they already got the scoring talent in RNH, Eberle and Hall for an example.

if the oilers really want Schneider and really want to be contenders they need a starting goalie. We need a centre Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins 2nd round pick for Schneider and Roy. Or Eberle and a 2nd for Schneider and Booth. Were in total control of this trade. Gillis should have no problem saying no when the Oilers try and get him for next to nothing. We should win this trade. The Oilers are going to have to overpay to get Schneider or Gillis has no problem saying no.

Gillis may feel there is no other option at this point. There is no market for Luongo, at least Cory maybe able to get us a decent return. It is a tough situation with no obvious answer at this point. If this is true, good for Gillis to at least see what kind of market exists for Cory.

we are against the cap and now we are going to be moving the cheaper goalie? how does that help us? now we are stuck with the same goalie who never got it done for us and less room to improve the team infront of him....i think it should be even more embarrassing for Lu seeing is how no one wants him and no other GM in the league thinks he is worth his pay check.

There is no way NYI give up 3 first round picks for a goalie 2 years away from UFA. This years 15th plus 2 solid prospects would get the deal done since it would be fair for both sides.

I'm a big fan of Schneider but also am a big fan of Luo. And I like that the Canucks have Lack and Ericsson in the wings waiting to be groomed. I think in a few years Lack can step up and share the goaltending duties with Luo.

The only thing that is unbelievable about this rumour the fact that the Canucks are willing to deal with Edmonton.

I know the Oilers don't get a lot of respect league wide, but mark my words: If they acquire Cory Schneider and Eakins is even half as good as the hype expects him to be, the Canucks are in big trouble.

Look at this:

Kings

Sharks

Ducks

Canucks

Oilers

Only 4 get in, and right now it's easy to imagine the Canucks being the 5th best team on this list.

If Gillis needs to trade Schneider, fine. PLEASE don't deal him within the division, especially Edmonton. That would be suicide.

Imagine Yak frantically pulling his jersey and knee-sliding across the length of the ice after scoring a mean-NOTHING goal when your team has been eliminated from the playoffs....No Thanks. You don`t win with ME-FIRST players in this league,and he is probably the worst Me-First player I`ve seen enter this league in a LONG time. (all you haters notice I never said he wasn`t a very talented player).

The only thing that is unbelievable about this rumour the fact that the Canucks are willing to deal with Edmonton.

I know the Oilers don't get a lot of respect league wide, but mark my words: If they acquire Cory Schneider and Eakins is even half as good as the hype expects him to be, the Canucks are in big trouble.

Look at this:

Kings

Sharks

Ducks

Canucks

Oilers

Only 4 get in, and right now it's easy to imagine the Canucks being the 5th best team on this list.

If Gillis needs to trade Schneider, fine. PLEASE don't deal him within the division, especially Edmonton. That would be suicide.

Archived