The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

Heard Edm is the front runner for Schneider...... what do you think they would offer? I wonder if we could get something like... Yakapov,7th overall for Schneider and Zack Kassian.... They want to get bigger. could we take advantage of this like buff did against us?

Easy.

As I mentioned, Luongo has at least 2 years of ELITE level play left in him as the Bonafide #1

In two years when either Lack or Eriksson are ready, he accepts a 1A/1B role as a transition to backup.

4 years out, (2 years as a transitionary 1A/1B goalie) he slides into the bonafide backup role.

The cap hit is meaningless at that point given the percentile increases and growth that is the trend following every past lockout.

From 2 - zero goalies in 1 mismanaged season.

I agree with the idea, keep Lou, we ain't getting crap for him but the mismanagement of our goalie system has been horrendous. If we had tried to trade schneider at the out break we'd have gotten a King's bounty now we won't get a ton even if we do move him B/C other Gm's aren't stupid.. they know we HAVE to move a goalie or we're fracked going into this next season

So now after a year of being on the block they want to keep Lou? What will he think about that? This is a debacle.

if the oilers really want Schneider and really want to be contenders they need a starting goalie. We need a centre Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins 2nd round pick for Schneider and Roy. Or Eberle and a 2nd for Schneider and Booth. Were in total control of this trade. Gillis should have no problem saying no when the Oilers try and get him for next to nothing. We should win this trade. The Oilers are going to have to overpay to get Schneider or Gillis has no problem saying no.

Heard Edm is the front runner for Schneider...... what do you think they would offer? I wonder if we could get something like... Yakapov,7th overall for Schneider and Zack Kassian.... They want to get bigger. could we take advantage of this like buff did against us?

he sold his house.

i find it hard to believe he'd stay. if they move schneider (unlikely in my opinion, despite these reports), it's because they know they're getting nothing for luongo and that's going to be hard to spin.

I love Schneider but IMO this is the right move. Lu is still an elite goalie. We can still win with him in the net. And the return you're going to get for Schneider is going to be HUGE. IMO Schneider is a franchise goalie. We're talking a return here of a good prospect and a 1st round pick at least. And with the depth we have at the goalie position this won't even hurt us that much.

Archived