The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

How in the heck is Shink not in our lineup? Something must be going on because we have needed wing depth and speed for a while now, lets see what this kid can do before we hit the upcoming draft. Him and McCann have probably had the biggest jump thus far, yet we gave Shink one game with fourth line minutes. 

Put him in a top 6 role and move higgins to 3rd line. I guess this only happens if you have played for medicine hat. 

2 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

How in the heck is Shink not in our lineup? Something must be going on because we have needed wing depth and speed for a while now, lets see what this kid can do before we hit the upcoming draft. Him and McCann have probably had the biggest jump thus far, yet we gave Shink one game with fourth line minutes. 

Put him in a top 6 role and move higgins to 3rd line. I guess this only happens if you have played for medicine hat. 

He did play for Medicine Hat. GET REKT:P

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Ya I know he isnt a benning pick but benning seems to love Horvat so without giving shinkaruk a shot like they did horvat they dont know what he can bring

How do we know JB loves Bo?  Maybe Bo is trade bait too?  I hope not, but we really don't know one way or the other.  With Henrik out it was McCann who took the top line wingers.  JB is clearly a good scout, but as a GM I'm a bit concerned with his trades.:mellow::mellow::mellow:

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I will gladly get rekt when I see shink scoring 20 per year playing on the 2nd line... I guess not even his medicine hat connection gets him minutes, so something must be going on behind the scenes. Maybe trader Jim has something big up his sleeve

6 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Have to agree..if you dont think Shink is doing this year what Larkin did last year you are nuts...look at Larkin..every team would give their left testicle for him...but they play games with Shink..I love the guy and hope he can bring it on the big club...Im worried about Benning.

6 hours ago, cocanuck said:

My only fear is that shink is not a benning pick...hope he is given a chance because I love his skill and vision, something this team is sorely lacking

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Cant do that..bring him up for a game and play him on the 4th line...thats the plan...I love Shink but Im afraid Benning will trade him soon.

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The worry is that Shink is not a JB pick, or guy, so he might be traded.  We are hoping the return is at least fair.  Vey and Baer cost us seconds, so is JB going to give Shink up for the same?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How do we know JB loves Bo?  Maybe Bo is trade bait too?  I hope not, but we really don't know one way or the other.  With Henrik out it was McCann who took the top line wingers.  JB is clearly a good scout, but as a GM I'm a bit concerned with his trades.:mellow::mellow::mellow:

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

.Im worried about Benning.

:frantic:

Fear!  Worry!  Concern!  Despair!  Evidently no prospect is immune here.
:picard:

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

:frantic:

Fear!  Worry!  Concern!  Despair!  Evidently no prospect is immune here.
:picard:

oh bro..you are stale...we are really concerned about your palm...you just happen to have it all pegged as the all knowing Canuck insider..heres one for you..:picard:

9 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

9 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

desert-eagle-backfire-o.gif

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

It's one thing to have a legitimate concern about a prospect, but to be panty-knotted about nothing but fantasized completely baseless speculation is beyond paranoid silliness.  Picard would have a permanent palm-mark on his forehead if he ever visited these forums.

and you in your all knowing wisdom has figured it all out and we are all numbnuts in your mind..because you know and just need to talk to Aquaman about what you think should be done....cool.

Hunter is not going anywhere but up to the Canucks...no way they trade him unless it is in a package for Johansson  or an Ekblad good young D.

So no worries there because we would all be ecstatic with the return. 

How about Virbata and Shinkaruk and our 2nd round pick for Johansson and there 1st round pick.

If our own tank continues and Columbus keeps up there glorious efforts under Tort's we may end up with 2 of the top 3 picks...maybe even 1st and 2nd and end up with Mathews and Chychrun and Johansson.

Personally I would hope they could get it done with Vrbata, Higgins, Hamhuis and a Vey or Baerstchi rather then having to give up Shinkaruk.

Shinkaruk / McCann / Boeser would be a menacing scoring line

Gaunce / Horvat / Virtanen would be a menacing pressure line

If we could get any of those other 3 guys we would be a force again.

Sedins / Sutter

Baertschi / Johansson / Mathews

Hansen

Hutton / Chychrun

Edler / Tanev

Pedan / Tryamkin

Subban

next year's cup winning team of youngster's....

25 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Hunter is not going anywhere but up to the Canucks...no way they trade him unless it is in a package for Johansson  or an Ekblad good young D.

So no worries there because we would all be ecstatic with the return. 

How about Virbata and Shinkaruk and our 2nd round pick for Johansson and there 1st round pick.

If our own tank continues and Columbus keeps up there glorious efforts under Tort's we may end up with 2 of the top 3 picks...maybe even 1st and 2nd and end up with Mathews and Chychrun and Johansson.

Personally I would hope they could get it done with Vrbata, Higgins, Hamhuis and a Vey or Baerstchi rather then having to give up Shinkaruk.

Shinkaruk / McCann / Boeser would be a menacing scoring line

Gaunce / Horvat / Virtanen would be a menacing pressure line

If we could get any of those other 3 guys we would be a force again.

Sedins / Sutter

Baertschi / Johansson / Mathews

Hansen

Hutton / Chychrun

Edler / Tanev

Pedan / Tryamkin

Subban

next year's cup winning team of youngster's....

I really like your post..alot..the bolded I would go for.

4 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I really like your post..alot..the bolded I would go for.

Thanks...just dreaming though, there is no way Columbus wants Vrbata or any Vet., they are in full tank mode...that's why they hired Tort's...no-one dismantle's a team's spirit quite as good as Tort's and they must have known that...damn claim jumpers....trying to lose there way to Mathews while destroying Johansson.

Archived