The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

Shinkaruk will be better than Baer. His compete level is ridiculous. As a Devil's fan I wanted him at 9, so I was ecstatic when the Canucks got him. He was ranked 6th among NA skaters.

I see Shink as more of a sniper than Baer, who seems like a playmaker. I guess it's hard to compare exactly, but I think you're right. Shinkaruk will end up producing more and making a bigger impact on games (prediction). It's pretty amazing he fell to us from 6th in NA - I was stoked on the pick for the same reason. 

Hopefully he continues to produce this season and hones his skills even further before making the jump next year or the year after.

Full timer next season for the Canucks. No doubt about it. Trajectory he is heading is backed by advanced stats.

Let him finish off this year in Utica and graduate, and then he makes the leap to the NHL. So fortunate he turned it around compared to last year. Looks a lot more boom than bust.

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Full timer next season for the Canucks. No doubt about it. Trajectory he is heading is backed by advanced stats.

Let him finish off this year in Utica and graduate, and then he makes the leap to the NHL. So fortunate he turned it around compared to last year. Looks a lot more boom than bust.

Just watching him play this year is enough to see he'll be a strong contender for a spot on the team.

It's actually quite impressive how much he's improved since last year.

4 hours ago, NameFaker said:

I see Shink as more of a sniper than Baer, who seems like a playmaker. I guess it's hard to compare exactly, but I think you're right. Shinkaruk will end up producing more and making a bigger impact on games (prediction). It's pretty amazing he fell to us from 6th in NA - I was stoked on the pick for the same reason. 

Hopefully he continues to produce this season and hones his skills even further before making the jump next year or the year after.

Yeah I think Baer is more of a playmaker on odd-man rushes, but sometimes Shink dominates for whole shifts and he gets a lot of assists from those. 

7 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Yeah I think Baer is more of a playmaker on odd-man rushes, but sometimes Shink dominates for whole shifts and he gets a lot of assists from those. 

I haven't been able to watch any full games of Utica's this season. Have you been catching them? If so, could you fill us in as to how Shinkaruk plays and matches to the top-end talent of the AHL?

2 hours ago, cocanuck said:

My only fear is that shink is not a benning pick...hope he is given a chance because I love his skill and vision, something this team is sorely lacking

THIS, I really want to see Shink be given a chance to play on the big club. Lets move out a useless Higgins or at very least deal our pending ufa forwards away to create a spot for him

4 hours ago, cocanuck said:

My only fear is that shink is not a benning pick...hope he is given a chance because I love his skill and vision, something this team is sorely lacking

Well, considering Horvat wasn't a Benning pick, I'd be inclined to think that he doesn't base things on whether he's picked a prospect or not. If he didn't like a prospect, he'd likely just trade him away for something he wants like he did Mallet.

Let's face it. Gillis' first 3 or 4 years have been horrible for drafting. There are exceptions of course, but not a lot. lol

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

4 point night for Hunter on Friday.

He's ready...anytime we want to try and score a few goals.

Cant do that..bring him up for a game and play him on the 4th line...thats the plan...I love Shink but Im afraid Benning will trade him soon.

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Cant do that..bring him up for a game and play him on the 4th line...thats the plan...I love Shink but Im afraid Benning will trade him soon.

Only trade him if it's for a young, equally along in his development, defenseman.  

4 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Totally agree..but why should a goal starved team trade away a legimate goal scorer just because he isnt your cup of tea.

Maybe Hunter is Nabob, and JB is a Tetly man?  I agree with you though, I like Hunter's development too, but if he does get traded I hope it's a D coming back.

shink is a 1st rounder, before we give up on him id rather get rid of jensen. Shink is having a very good year, would be crazy to move him when we have no secondary scoring and will all but certain be losing vrbata.

He needs to be given a chance if you move him without doing so I dont think your doing a very good job as a gm when your team lacks what said player brings

8 minutes ago, Yotes said:

shink is a 1st rounder, before we give up on him id rather get rid of jensen. Shink is having a very good year, would be crazy to move him when we have no secondary scoring and will all but certain be losing vrbata.

He needs to be given a chance if you move him without doing so I dont think your doing a very good job as a gm when your team lacks what said player brings

The worry is that Shink is not a JB pick, or guy, so he might be traded.  We are hoping the return is at least fair.  Vey and Baer cost us seconds, so is JB going to give Shink up for the same?

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The worry is that Shink is not a JB pick, or guy, so he might be traded.  We are hoping the return is at least fair.  Vey and Baer cost us seconds, so is JB going to give Shink up for the same?

Ya I know he isnt a benning pick but benning seems to love Horvat so without giving shinkaruk a shot like they did horvat they dont know what he can bring

Archived