The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hey guys, how's it going

Came in here looking for the Shinkaruk thread.  Anyone seen it?

Wondering how he's doing the last few games

From what I have been reading here, Shink is either being traded for a late second or early third, or he's the next coming of Pavel Bure?  You pick where he fits.  I'm thinking the former, more than the latter.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

From what I have been reading here, Shink is either being traded for a late second or early third, or he's the next coming of Pavel Bure?  You pick where he fits.  I'm thinking the former, more than the latter.:rolleyes:

So you think trading trading Shink for a 2nd/3rd round pick is a sensible thing to do, but harp on JB for bad trades?

7 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

So you think trading trading Shink for a 2nd/3rd round pick is a sensible thing to do, but harp on JB for bad trades?

You're quite astute at the value of players.  What Shink worth, draft pick wise, right now?  Baer got a second.  I don't see Shink worth more.  

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You're quite astute at the value of players.  What Shink worth, draft pick wise, right now?  Baer got a second.  I don't see Shink worth more.  

Well Shink is younger than Baer was and still trending upwards in his development and, as others have pointed out, seems to be happy in his situation (unlike Baer was). I'm sure he'd love to be in the NHL right now but he will be soon enough. 

And most importantly, it just doesn't really make sense to move him unless the reward would just about definitely outweigh the risk. 

4 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Well Shink is younger than Baer was and still trending upwards in his development and, as others have pointed, out seems to be happy in his situation (unlike Baer was). I'm sure he'd love to be in the NHL right now but he will be soon enough. 

And most importantly, it just doesn't really make sense to move him unless the reward would just about definitely outweigh the risk. 

I really like your posts but I have to say I dont feel as confident as you about Shink ever playing for us...who will go for him..who will he replace I dont think he is high on Bennings list...but thats just me.

ETA.  I love the Shinker..he is my favorite young player

7 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I really like your posts but I have to say I dont feel as confident as you about Shink ever playing for us...who will go for him..who will he replace I dont think he is high on Bennings list...but thats just me.

ETA.  I love the Shinker..he is my favorite young player

I can't say I have any idea how JB feels about the kid but I hope he likes him cause I do. I mentioned in another thread, a quote (can't remember who said it) from an athlete who said they get their drive not from their affinity for winning but their hatred for losing/failure. Shink strikes me as that kinda guy.

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I can't say I have any idea how JB feels about the kid but I hope he likes him cause I do. I mentioned in another thread, a quote (can't remember who said it) from an athlete who said they get their drive not from their affinity for winning but their hatred for losing/failure. Shink strikes me as that kinda guy.

He is what we need..pure joy from scoring and helping...I swear if this kid scored an OT goal...he would drop

On December 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Gstank29 said:

We should get rid of Higgins- someone- and Burrows and just promote the whole Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Grenier line :P

I hope we get to see them after the trade deadline

agreed that be a decent 3rd line i really think we need to purge dorsett and prust  as well they have small offense dont hit or fight enough they are small gritty guys i want a fourth line that has guys like pedan or grenier  chara size  6'4-6'9 225-260 lbs  fast mobile hit everything in sight nuclear deterrent especially if they touch sedins.

Just now, canuktravella said:

agreed that be a decent 3rd line i really think we need to purge dorsett and prust  as well they have small offense dont hit or fight enough they are small gritty guys i want a fourth line that has guys like pedan or grenier  chara size  6'4-6'9 225-260 lbs  fast mobile hit everything in sight nuclear deterrent especially if they touch sedins.

tbh, I love the way you think xD

Just now, Odd. said:

tbh, I love the way you think xD

well just the rats like marchand , bolland  and guys like getzlaf, hanzal, malkin would think otherwise when they take liberties with sedins  if you touch our stars we will crap  kick your whole team. How long would Marchand last if a chara size guy started rag dolling him maybe 10 seconds. We need a 4th line that skates hard, hits everything in sight and intimidates every other team in league.  Wd should love pedan in over soft as butter weber. 

Archived