The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Do You Feel Heading Into The New Season?

TheRussianRocket.

I think this team is still good enough to make the playoffs albeit in the 4-8 range but no where near good enough to be considered a true contender. Think we need a good 3 years before these young guys we just drafted are good contributing members of this team. Im more interested in seeing how they respond to Torts and if this is a personal problem or coaching problem with this team.

it will take gillis a couple of years to reset this team..gone are raymond manny, lappy, ballard, the 7th and 8th d-men and schneider

in two years, we should see gaunce, horvat, shinkarik, jensen, maybe shroeder and a young d-man on the squad along with trades and pick ups....this might be a throw away year but better things should happen.

I think as it looks now we will make the playoffs but not be in the top 4 seeds, more then likely are out in the first round. If Lou is not with us we may not make the playoffs at all. A new coach could change this as well so?

Poetica disclaimer: the opinions expressed above are such as that opinions. Although they are most likely true they are opinions and should not be confused with actual facts. As this is a message board designed for people to express there opinions this comment fits within the intended purpose of the board.

There's a wildcard here: I anticipate Lu being dealt, mid-season. We're gonna gamble big with one of our young 'tenders, which I'd enjoy seeing.

He'll widen his list of destinations, then play hard, & keep quiet. As soon as one of those teams underachieves, or hits injuries, we'll try to swing a deal. It's under this scenario that MG can most likely gain a little leverage, to save a little face. Get another 1st, for example-even if we have to keep 1 mill/cap x3-5 seasons. These couple months would also help us identify which young 'tender we should lean on, post-Lu.

In a shortened 2013 season, with a sublime draft crop only weeks away, this couldn't occur. In the dog-days of Nov/Dec, with MONTHS to play out & seats to fill, I can see some gm taking on Luongo.

weakest time since Keenan era if we stand pat.

Add a real 2nd liner with huge playmaking habilites to feed Kesler and we move to a one line team (2/3 of a line if we put Kassian with the sedins instead of Burrows...) to a more balanced offensive line-up with less pressure on our aging Sedins.

Tanev is a must sign, and Luongo needs to open his eyes and understands that an entire city want him back.

if anyone of you cared to watch ranger games you would know how boring they were....

im not looking forward to this years season torts is going to bring in a snooze fest system of block block block block

hes going to expect sedins to block shots

the teams super fragile 1 injury to any of the top 6's destroys playoff chance

Pretty excited, but I fear the offence is really going to dry up and we're going to end up relying on defence quite a bit. That's fine, as long as our defence and goalie can get us through the playoffs and we get timely scoring, we have a chance.

We know Tortorella is a defensive coach, but he had plenty of offence come out of his Tampa team. The problem with the Canucks is that not many things are going their way right now offensively.

The Sedins are on a decline. Have been below a point-per-game the last 2 seasons, and a resurgence is unlikely unless they get a new linemate (Kassian could spark them).

Booth hasn't produced much offence in a while, and he's a projected top-6 forward.

Kassian, Jensen and Gaunce/Lain may be expected to start next season, but they're all young sporadic, unproven NHL scorers

Tanev and Corrado bring next to no offence on the blueline

Edler had a dip in production last season (however I'm confident Torts will help him find his game again)

We lose a 15 goal scorer in Raymond with no replacement but prospects

We lose a 20 goal scorer in Roy, to be replaced by a prospect or Richardson/Santorelli who are nowhere near as offensively talented

This team will most likely struggle to put up goals unless young guys can really explode and carry this team. Tortorella is a bit of a wild-card, but he can get the best out of his players which is why I'm confident he'll get our prospects and Edler playing to their highest potential.

Archived