The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joacim Eriksson | G

avelanch

You have to wonder if signing Eriksson had an impact of MG deciding to trade Schneider. Keep Luongo for a couple of seasons and hope either Ericksson or Lack step in

Unless you were in a situation with so much depth in goal that the guy would never get a chance, you always sign guys like this if you have the chance. Holmgren must have been high the day he didn't re-sign Eriksson. Now we have a guy who is more proven than prospect, ready to spend a bit of time getting used to the AHL game then competing for a back up position. It's about the lowest risk signing a GM can make and he has HUGE upside with that quick lateral movement.

Can he wear this in the AHL as well?

Also what does the word on the chin say?

Yes.

Jocke, Joacim's nickname/shortened name.

http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/set/72157635323462793/default.aspx

The story

David about the design:

Eriksson´s new Canucks mask is here

It´s with a great joy we present Joacim #Eriksson´s new Vancouver #Canucks mask. Me and Jocke have been working together for many years and it´s always so exciting to create his mask designs. It´s extra special to create the first #NHL mask for a young talent like Jocke.

Me and Jocke talked a lot during summer and a plan crystallized how we could create this new mask look. It is all built on the beautiful logos of Vancouver Canucks, and we wanted to make it into a cool mix of old school feeling and modern FX. A design that works in all angles. The design is also loaded with details to be discovered all over the mask, just what I love to do :)

Thank you all for your interest, and thank you Jocke, it´s so fun to create your masks!

anyone know whats in the green part at the back?

From the link I posted above:

9645751250_0be1102541.jpg

Looks like some Haida-style artwork in the top half, and some sort of logo lower down. It looks like 'IHF' but hockey is IIHF and the handball IHF has a different logo. Someone else might be able to figure that part out.

From the link I posted above:

9645751250_0be1102541.jpg

Looks like some Haida-style artwork in the top half, and some sort of logo lower down. It looks like 'IHF' but hockey is IIHF and the handball IHF has a different logo. Someone else might be able to figure that part out.

IF is like FC, it means soccer club in Swedish, his local team is Hille so it's HIF or IFH

the only thing wrong with my theory is that I think it says 1904 on the helmet logo but Hille was founded in 1922

That and the logo is different

HilleIF.jpg

and there are a bunch of other teams that use those 3 letters in their logos

130px-Hammarby_IF.png

170px-Helsingborgs_IF_logo.png

IF is like FC, it means soccer club in Swedish, his local team is Hille so it's HIF or IFH

the only thing wrong with my theory is that I think it says 1904 on the helmet logo but Hille was founded in 1922

That and the logo is different

and there are a bunch of other teams that use those 3 letters in their logos

Ah, I didn't know about the IF being like FC. I did some searching based on where he grew up but wasn't able to find anything linked to it, or the 1904. Interesting that we can't find anything on it (even searching now for HIF) so I guess someone will have to ask him.

Ah, I didn't know about the IF being like FC. I did some searching based on where he grew up but wasn't able to find anything linked to it, or the 1904. Interesting that we can't find anything on it (even searching now for HIF) so I guess someone will have to ask him.

I think IF actually means athletic club because I noticed some hockey teams had that label as well.

I found this

1904: "NSF section for hockey and football" - the foundation of what was to become the Swedish Football Association. Sweden is one of seven nations founding FIFA.

http://svenskfotboll...nglish/history/

It doesn't explain the logo, though. It must be one of the original football teams, it doesn't look like there were any hockey teams were around in 1904, they didn't even start having hockey championships until 1922.

Even so, it doesn't match with the IHF/HIF or the Brynas logo - not even as an alternate, special event logo. My initial impression was 1904 but I could see 1964/84 but don't know what it'd represent.

We could speculate on this all day. :mellow:

I think IF actually means athletic club because I noticed some hockey teams had that label as well.

I found this

It doesn't explain the logo, though. It must be one of the original football teams, it doesn't look like there were any hockey teams were around in 1904, they didn't even start having hockey championships until 1922.

like Djurgardens IF, where the IF stands for Ishockeyförening. though they are the hockey portion of the sports club of the same name, except the IF stands for Idrottsförening

200px-Djurg%C3%A5rdens_IF_Hockey_Logo.svg.png

Archived