The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not re signing Lapierre will come back to bite the Canucks

мeтpо

the guy was an above average 4th liner for the part of 2011 after the deadline deal, including the cup run. he's been an average at best 4th liner since, looking like the journeyman plug he was before landing in vancouver.

Our fourth line has been a non factor for years now.

Lappy was a solid fourth liner but went quiet the last couple playoff rounds. If he can't bring that intensity consistently in the playoffs, then it was time to make a change.

Oh, and this should only help our reputation with the refs. Apparently Lappy was the only one who didn't buy into the keeping your mouth shut approach the Canucks were trying to employ.

Torres' days as a hard hitter are done. He even casts an angry glance at an opposing player, he'll be penalized. If he plays a disciplined game he can still contribute to a 3rd line, but nothing like he once was.

Much like Torres, I will not miss Lappy's untimely penalties. It seemed like every other game last season, Lappy would get a dumb penalty and the other team would tie up the game, or go ahead. Richardson is a better player.

Whatever either of these players would add to the Nucks lineup, they would take it away with their lack of discipline.

Not sure how he's a loss. I liked him don't get me wrong and he scored A, one single GREAT goal here. But we replaced him with Santorelli and Richardson both of whom are capable of much better play and versatility. As well we have Gaunce and Lain so for the money he was asking we have 4 solid potential replacements. I am ok with him being in St Louis.

I personally loved Lappy. I thought he was often underrated here and wanted him re-signed. I don't know why that didn't happen, but he wasn't. :(

Teams change and players move on. We can't keep every player on the chance that he'll play well against us for someone else. Nothing more to do now than wish him all the best and hope our guys have his number when we play against him.

(I'm still not looking forward to seeing that smirk directed at us though!)

Guest Pinchin

I personally loved Lappy. I thought he was often underrated here and wanted him re-signed. I don't know why that didn't happen, but he wasn't. :(

Teams change and players move on. We can't keep every player on the chance that he'll play well against us for someone else. Nothing more to do now than wish him all the best and hope our guys have his number when we play against him.

(I'm still not looking forward to seeing that smirk directed at us though!)

In the 2010-2011 run he tied Hank in goals scored.Beat Raymond,Hansen,Torres,Edler,Ehrhoff and Hamhuis and provided a vital role for the basic minutes he was granted.

He got himself in the thick of the action and could be counted on to bring his game.

I will miss the guy.

In the 2010-2011 run he tied Hank in goals scored.Beat Raymond,Hansen,Torres,Edler,Ehrhoff and Hamhuis and provided a vital role for the basic minutes he was granted.

He got himself in the thick of the action and could be counted on to bring his game.

I will miss the guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kassian...or anyone smash that dirtbag smirk off his face. There are very few Canucks I have been happier to see leave, Brown, Messier and Cooke and the only ones above Lappy off the top of my head. Hopefully he can rally our team to destroy St Louis like he rallied our competition to play to the next level over the last few seasons.

Lappy will be missed until the season starts.

Richardson is a better overall player; with a much smaller mouth and a better attitude.

Lappy has done very little since the 10/11 run.

Gillis made a good choice not signing him and a great choice in his replacement for him. Even Santorelli is a better choice but Richardson is an extremely versatile player just like lappy with more skill and less BS.

Archived