The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whatever happened to...Colten Teubert

Just noticed the Coilers didnt tender him a qualifying offer, thus cutting him loose. Here was a guy picked 13th in 2008 and was supposed to bring some "nasty presence" to the Kings. Fast forward 5 yrs later and he had been traded for Dustin Penner and now cut from the Coilers at only 23.

What happened to this guy? Did he develop a crack habit?

Haha I met this guy! 4 or 5 years ago I went with a friend to their high school graduation party, and her best friend went with Colten. So we hung out the whole night with them, seemed like a pretty decent guy, didnt talk much. He told me I was seriously f****d up, when I think he was embarrassed by my dancing....

I think he still has bottom pairing potential. He needs to work on his skating and continue maturing. He's only 23 years old so he's hardly a finished product.

I was a little surprised the Oilers didn't qualify him but it's a bit of a numbers game. The Oilers have Grebeshkov, Belov and Potter fighting for the #6 spot while they have better prospects than Teuburt(Klefbom, Marincin, Musil and Davidson) needing as much ice time in the AHL as they can get.

He and his wife just had a baby. I'm sure not being re-signed sucked for him but he's a little preoccupied with bigger things.

Haha I met this guy! 4 or 5 years ago I went with a friend to their high school graduation party, and her best friend went with Colten. So we hung out the whole night with them, seemed like a pretty decent guy, didnt talk much. He told me I was seriously f****d up, when I think he was embarrassed by my dancing....

Teubert is 6'4", from White Rock and a right handed shot. A two way contract would be worth it in my opinion. He also had 113 PIM's in the minors last year, I thought we were looking for a guy with a bit of an edge?

Guest Dasein

Adam Polasek happened.

Just look at the reaction on Craig MacTavish's face lol. I bet you anything that he still remembers this by the look of absolute shock on his face.

No surprise Craig Mac didn't sign this guy.. I'm telling you that fight is probably engrained in his mind lol

Sssssswosh Holden anyone?

Seriously tho, I'm a bit surprised about him fading into the background. I thought he was going to be something stellar by now. Not everyone pans out tho, even if he's projected to succeed and gets drafted in the 1st round. Hope he gets a shot at it with someone else...

Adam Polasek happened.

Just look at the reaction on Craig MacTavish's face lol. I bet you anything that he still remembers this by the look of absolute shock on his face.

No surprise Craig Mac didn't sign this guy.. I'm telling you that fight is probably engrained in his mind lol

Adam Polasek happened.

Archived