The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Interview tonight/tomorrow @ 6et

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Pretty sure the only reason he is doing the interview today is so the media let him be for the Olympic summer camp. As far as Luongo and his relationship with TSN; they are tight. Do people already forget the skits Lu has done with them? Lu and TSN have a thang, it is what it is. As far as the other comments are concerned; makes perfect sense Lu is not happy (who would be). That doesn't mean he is for sure gone. There still is a season to play, who knows, maybe he and Torts become bffs, anything is possible.

It isn't what terrible things have happened, it's the perception of how he was treated. He was the number one goalie who got outplayed and was then allocated to back-up. He was then told he would be traded and instead his friend and competition was traded. He was promised a fresh start and I don't blame him for still wanting one. As I said in the latter part of my post; even with that negativity in mind, things can still change.

Wasn't picking on you specifically. Just hearing "How classy Lu has been handling this situation" makes him sound like he endured something akin to Nelson Mandela's time as a political prisoner instead of being paid millions of dollars to play a kids game and thought he was going to play it somewhere else. (ohnoes!)

It wasn't a hard situation, just a silly one. Now he's here for at least another year. Laugh it off, make a silly tweet and stop pucks. No need for the circus.

Luo has been trolled hard by the TSN (Leaf's lobby) for some time - hard to believe he is going to oblige them now - and on top of that, rehash a bunch of overkilled crap - that in doing so is hard to see how it serves his interests.

Never been a fan of people spilling the details of their "relationships"/divorces/breakups all over the public sphere.

If I were his new big-time agents, I sure as hell would be advising him to not bother feeding the trolls in Toronto - there's already been more than enough drama - and Luongo owes Duthie and the TSN douches absolutely nothing (but a kick in the gonads). I doubt Luongo would bother if TSN weren't offering something beyond the bait and hook that Duthie's tweeting, but nevertheless can't help but feel uneasy about it. Luo hasn't exactly proven he's particularly media saavy in the past.

Fasten your seatbelts.

Anyone else notice Jennifer Hedger drop that awkward "nice and tight" comment during the tiger woods highlights?

Maybe I'm just a perv.. I can't believe they sucked me into watching this whole broadcast for an hour just to see a 3 minute Luongo interview....

Archived