The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Pietrangelo with Blues

St. Louis Blues@StLouisBlues 10m

BREAKING NEWS: Alex Pietrangelo has agreed to a seven-year contract. http://bit.ly/14N38Vz #stlblues pic.twitter.com/vGSQypbjHZ

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Pietrangelo gets same deal as Karlsson in Ottawa - 7 yrs x $6.5 M. Blues and Petro camp re-engaged this morning.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m

$6.5M AAV on Pietrangelo's 7 year deal with STL.

That's about what I expected.

Look I see why people would call this a great deal for the Blues. Same with the Karlsson deal.

But....

They're so young. Doughty is a great example. GREAT year huge contract has been an average top 2 at best since, regardless of winning a cup or not.

Karlsson, well defenders now treat him as a forward and this year poolies will be scratching their heads about him.

I think Pietrelangelo is a frigging stud and one day he'll be worth that money but come on, $6.5 million at age 23? Why did we havea lockout again? What if Corrado has 1 great year, willy ou think $6.5 is a good deal for him? How about say Tanev, Tomernes, Cederholm? What if Horvat comes in and lights up the league and we keep him around and he wants $7 or $7.5 million due to market value and rising cap?

These kids are so bloody young and good to great years are abberrations. I am happy the Blues signed him up, but I think the dollar amount is way to high and it oculd handcuff a team that struggles to score as it is.

Archived