The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who you think the Canucks should pick up on Waivers in the Next Week?

TheMohammadman

Frattin would be a sweet pickup. 25 years old... 82 carreer nhl games, 15 goals, 13 assists, 137 hits. I think he'd get nabbed before Vancouver had a crack though.

Not sure what St. Louis is going to do, but if Ryan Reaves came available, it might be of benefit to have him and Tostitos in a lineup vs some of the bigger teams in the west.

I think there's next to no chance guys like Frattin hits waivers - or Martinez for that matter.

If they were going to move either I think they could pretty easily land a pick.

Frattin might just turn out to be one of the best bang for your buck young players around - and the part I find funny about that deal to acquire him is that Toronto retained salary lol.

It also looks like the Canucks would have to clear a spot or two anyway if they are looking to add a contract - so the question also becomes who will the Canucks trade/waive?

No one:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian/Burrows

Booth/Higgins-Kesler-Kassian/Burrows

Booth/Higgins/-Santorelli-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

I think it will end up like this after suspensions:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Philip Larsen from Edmonton interests me. Interesting prospect, who is solid at both ends of the rink.

I would rather have a big bodied D-man with a mean streak, since we already have plenty of smallish guys like Larsen, but if we could make room for this kid he would be a steal.

Archived