The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who you think the Canucks should pick up on Waivers in the Next Week?

TheMohammadman

Do you think the Canucks should pick up somebody on waivers? If so, then Who?

There are lot's of teams that are very close to or over the Salary Cap. I was just Watching the Leafs game and the Commentators said that if Joe Colborne was to not make the big club, then he would have to clear waivers.

ARTICLE 13 – WAIVERS AND LOANS OF PLAYERS

13.2 The “Playing Season Waiver Period”

The “Playing Season Waiver Period” (which I will call “waiver period”) begins 12 days before the start of the regular season and ends the day after a team’s season ends.

• In September, 2012, the league and the NHLPA moved up the start of this period in order to allow teams to assign players to the AHL before the 9/15 lock-out date.

• In January, 2013, when the new CBA was signed, the playing season waiver-period (re-) commenced immediately. (For more on what happened to players who signed AHL-only contracts during the lock-out, see this.)

• Once the playing season waiver period commences, players who are not waiver-exempt (explained below) must pass through waivers before they are loaned to another team (e.g. their minor league affiliate).

• A player may be loaned to a club of another league if (a) he’s already been through waivers during the current waiver period and (B) the Player has not played in 10 or more NHL Games since the last time he went through waivers, and © more than 30 days have not passed since the last time he went through waivers.

• In other words, if a player just went through waivers within the last month and hasn’t played in many games, he’s not going to have to clear waivers again.

Waiver Calculator:

http://capgeek.com/waiver-calculator

Detroit has 26 players in their roster right now.. They have to send 3 most likely being Eaves, Miller and one of Bertuzzi or Tootoo. I say go after one of Miller, Eaves, Tootoo.

Florida has 26 players in their roster aswell. Bergenheim, Winchester, Barch are probably going to be waived and I don't want those guys.

Montreal with 25, most likely being waived are Boullion/Drewiske, and White. I wouldn't mind Drewiske if he gets waived.

NYR with 24, most likely being one of Asham, Powe, Moore. Wouldn't mind Powe for depth.

LA with 24, any of the guys that get waived I want, they'll probably try to send down one of Frattin, Carcillo, Ellerby, Martinez, Muzzin. Any of those guys I would like to see Gillis go after.

I'm finding this information via Capgeek and I'm not sure if they updated it and isn't the waiving period to get your team ready already past?

Porter from St.Louis I would also want who was put on waivers earlier today.

Edit: Our team if we claim 1 player.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burrows-Kesler-Shinkaruk

Higgins-Horvat-Booth

(Claimed player)-Santortelli-Richardson

Weise/Sestito

When Kassian comes back, send down Shinkaruk but if Shinkaruk is going to stay then waive Sestito.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Shinkaruk

Higgins/Booth-Horvat-Hansen

Booth/Higgins-Santortelli-Richardson

Weise/Sestito

I say we need a 6th left handed d-man really bad. I am not using Alberts after that preseason he had and I hesitate with Weber as he was inconsistent as well.

I also agree on the 3rd line center and 4th line winger suggestion. I just think D needs priority every time.

Detroit has 26 players in their roster right now.. They have to send 3 most likely being Eaves, Miller and one of Bertuzzi or Tootoo. I say go after one of Miller, Eaves, Tootoo.

Florida has 26 players in their roster aswell. Bergenheim, Winchester, Barch are probably going to be waived and I don't want those guys.

Montreal with 25, most likely being waived are Boullion/Drewiske, and White. I wouldn't mind Drewiske if he gets waived.

NYR with 24, most likely being one of Asham, Powe, Moore. Wouldn't mind Powe for depth.

LA with 24, any of the guys that get waived I want, they'll probably try to send down one of Frattin, Carcillo, Ellerby, Martinez, Muzzin. Any of those guys I would like to see Gillis go after.

I'm finding this information via Capgeek and I'm not sure if they updated it and isn't the waiving period to get your team ready already past?

Porter from St.Louis I would also want who was put on waivers earlier today.

Edit: Our team if we claim 1 player.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burrows-Kesler-Shinkaruk

Higgins-Horvat-Booth

(Claimed player)-Santortelli-Richardson

Weise/Sestito

When Kassian comes back, send down Shinkaruk but if Shinkaruk is going to stay then waive Sestito.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Shinkaruk

Higgins/Booth-Horvat-Hansen

Booth/Higgins-Santortelli-Richardson

Weise/Sestito

Archived