The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockeybuzz] Could the Sedin's be on the move?

Merci

i say the sedins will be moved, either during the season or this off-season. During the season if canucks are outside top 8 by olympic break. Won't be surprised if Kesler is in the mix if canucks are >6 points outside top 8.

i think the way canucks management sees this: both sedins need to be signed as a package. Henrik is alright but Daniel has been awful. Their performance has been in the decline since the cup run. Cut the ties now and gain some assets back while you still can or they walk this summer.

Hardest decision is knowing when to let go of your franchise players, and I do hope if MG sees the situation doesn't look right. Pull the plug. Look at the flames, how long does it take for them to figure out that they need a rebuild?

i say the sedins will be moved, either during the season or this off-season. During the season if canucks are outside top 8 by olympic break. Won't be surprised if Kesler is in the mix if canucks are >6 points outside top 8.

i think the way canucks management sees this: both sedins need to be signed as a package. Henrik is alright but Daniel has been awful. Their performance has been in the decline since the cup run. Cut the ties now and gain some assets back while you still can or they walk this summer.

Hardest decision is knowing when to let go of your franchise players, and I do hope if MG sees the situation doesn't look right. Pull the plug. Look at the flames, how long does it take for them to figure out that they need a rebuild?

I'd say Hank is off to a pretty good start considering he has little to no support offensively.

In addition, don't really like Giroux's contract. Giroux, Simmonds, Laughton, PLUS a 2014 1st? Hmm..might start to be tempting.

Why would the twins want to go to a franchise which has been hollowed-out(in order to acquire them)? a fresh, new load of pressure(for 34 yr olds) in a market that lives for goonery...Unlikely.

Id do that

Having watched them since the magic Burke pulled at the draft, I'm really displeased with the lack of ability to sign a player THAT CAN PLAY RW ON THE FIRST LINE.

Gillis will never again be a General Manager in the NHL once he leaves this place.

Burrows is great with the twins, but I agree that Gillis has tried to 'moneyball' it with finding another top 6 player- Bernier, samuellson, booth etc... none were legit top 6 forwards. The time to go all in was 2011 and while he made good trades in Lappierre and Higgins, he didn't bring in an impact player which would have put us over the top...

imagine if we had Bourdon on that team - amazing

LOL this brings up the memories of the 2010 playoffs and how at the end of it, everyone was saying get rid of the soft Europeans (henrik and Daniel) because they never showed up, and bring in the tough Canadian boys! Giroux, Couturier, Hartnell, and Brayden Schenn are ALL Canadians.... what now? Will it take another disappointing defeat to change the minds of Canuck fans again? Why are so many people disagreeing with this trade? We haven't gotten a cup with the Sedins since they've been drafted and our core hasn't gotten it done for 7 years now (Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Luongo).... no one thinks there needs to be a big change? No matter how good the Sedins have been, Ill say yes to this trade any day since we're the ones ripping philly off lol, not them ripping us off as may people are making it sound.

Annoying thread to read through. Half is the people who don't like Eklund so the bitch about him again in hopes to appear cool to other CDC members. The other half are just flat out terrible trade proposals from people who massively under value the Sedins.

Use some logic people. The Canucks have trouble scoring. The Sedins lead the Canucks in scoring. There is no bloody way any GM would trade the Sedins for a 1st liner in Giroux and a bunch of third line tweeners plus a likely high 1st.

I have to wonder why people here are so infatuated with Couterier and Simmonds to the point that they would actually consider trading the Sedins if we got one or both of them.

Only way the Sedins ever get traded is if this team declares full blown rebuild and at that point it would've to where they want to go for a package of stud prospects and draft picks that would accelerate the process. Not going to be shuffled for vets that are close to but not quite good enough.

Because too many people play be a GM on NHL 13/14 and think the player ratings on that game imply the value of the player lol

Agree 100%

It will get done and it will be fine. The Sedins want to be here, they want to be paid fairly and have taken discounts. They will take another discount but it wont be as large as its their final contract. And deservedly so, they have been underpaid relative to their peers their entire careers to play here, together and they have done nothing but embodied what it means to be a Vancouver Canuck.

They are fine people, tremendous hockey players, leaders on the ice, in the community. I do think all they are trying to work out is term which will drive the numbers.

As I said before my guess 4 years with a Canucks option for a 5th (which is probably the sticking point Sedins prob want 5).

It will end up being 5 for a cap hit of about 5.5- 6 mil

My guess

7, 7, 6 ,5, 4

Cap hit 5.8

LOL this brings up the memories of the 2010 playoffs and how at the end of it, everyone was saying get rid of the soft Europeans (henrik and Daniel) because they never showed up, and bring in the tough Canadian boys! Giroux, Couturier, Hartnell, and Brayden Schenn are ALL Canadians.... what now? Will it take another disappointing defeat to change the minds of Canuck fans again? Why are so many people disagreeing with this trade? We haven't gotten a cup with the Sedins since they've been drafted and our core hasn't gotten it done for 7 years now (Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Luongo).... no one thinks there needs to be a big change? No matter how good the Sedins have been, Ill say yes to this trade any day since we're the ones ripping philly off lol, not them ripping us off as may people are making it sound.

Yeah!! Meanwhile Philly is over there winning cups hand over fist cause they have Canadians!

Yeah!! Meanwhile Philly is over there winning cups hand over fist cause they have Canadians!

We have a good supporting cast, better defence than philly capable enough to do well in the playoffs with a star goalie unlike philly and if we add in the mix of those young, big players as our core... it would be much more awarding for our team than it is for theirs, we already have many of the pieces of a contending team, philly doesn't which is why they have a lack of success

Archived